PDA

View Full Version : 5 Months progress pic

BMW Rider
08-16-2004, 03:06 PM
My 130 has been up and running for five months now and is progressing very well. All the corals and fish are doing great so far. The corals have all grown significantly in just the short time they have been in the tank. The fish are looking better than they ever did in my fish olnly 75 gallon. There is also lots of coraline growth on the live rock. Its all starting to look great.

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1017full-view-08-13-04.jpg

Delphinus
08-16-2004, 03:34 PM
I really like the aquascaping. Very nice.

What are the dimensions of the tank? It looks almost like a cube from this angle.

muck
08-16-2004, 05:34 PM
I really like the aquascaping. Very nice.

What are the dimensions of the tank? It looks almost like a cube from this angle.
I have to agree with tony. Having a mound in the middle looks pretty nice, and there is lots of swimming room for all your fish. :mrgreen:

Would love to see more pics...

Chin_Lee
08-16-2004, 06:15 PM
what are the dimensions of your tank?

BMW Rider
08-16-2004, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the positive comments. I pretty much had to do the single mound with the rock to have it fit the tank. The tank is an odd shape, it is 48" x 24" x 32" except the back side is angled off at 45 degrees on the right end to fit the wall behind it (the tank is a built in). That reduces the tank volume down to 130 gallons. It made the aquascaping a bit challenging, but I'm happy with how it turned out. There is lots of swimming space on all sides, and plenty of spaces between the rocks for fish to swin through. I first thought I'd need more live rock to build up the height, but after my second time piling it up, it worked out well. I have 175 lbs of rock total in it. I still need to finish up the cabinet work around the base and canopy. I'm working on building the doors currently, then I have to finish it all as well as all the other woodwork in the basement. I'll update with more photos once that progresses.