PDA

View Full Version : Some days....

Dearth
06-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Gave my fish their morning feed today went out for several hours and came back to my Lubbocks wrasse dried out on the carpet even found out where it jumped out of the tank and it ****ed me off cause he was my favourite fish too.

Decided to go to LFS and treat my sorrows to some new critters and ended up buying 2 emerald crabs and a pistol shrimp at the store the shrimp jumped out of the net onto the floor checked it out seemed ok got it home let it acclimate in the bag a bit put it in the tank and it promptly jumped out of the tank onto the carpet picked it up and the bastage pinched my pinky and yes I cried like a school girl got it back in the tank and haven't seen it since.

Now I just discovered that one of my sea cucumbers is in my sump and no friggen clue how the hell it got out of the DT into the sump and it has damage to its side which appears to be healing and no ill effects noticed in the tank

Some days it just don't pay to get out of bed

Misses.ReefWars
06-06-2014, 11:19 PM
Have you checked for stray voltage?

Dearth
06-06-2014, 11:31 PM
Have you checked for stray voltage?

Yup all is ok

As the saying goes poop happens I'll whine about it for a few days but I will get over it eventually

Dearth
06-08-2014, 05:56 AM
After so many unpleasant surprises in the last few days I was pleasantly surprised to see my peppermint shrimp carrying a whole clutch? Of eggs around tonight the last time she had eggs I got 3 that survived into puberty so I am wondering how many if any will survive this time.

sumpfinfishe
06-08-2014, 06:50 AM
I hear ya there!
Tho if I had stayed in bed I might have missed half my corals performing an RTN dance. Hope all goes well with the cuke an sorry to hear about your wrasse:sad: