PDA

View Full Version : Led debate for rsm 250

Cankers
06-02-2014, 07:01 PM
Hi everyone! Long time lurker finally got an account fully setup and wanted to start contributing to the site ;). I'm currently debating a DIY led upgrade for my rsm250 to help control the temps in my tank. I like the fact of the lights to be dimmable and have more control. I was looking at the kits provided by reefledlights.com It will use the storm controller with cree xt-e leds. Any opinions? Yay or nay? Lol

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-03-2014, 05:35 AM
My friend built a custom LED system for my other friend's RSM 250 and it works great. Corals growing well and heat under control. Fully dimmable and very energy efficient. I say go for it.

Anthony

Cankers
06-03-2014, 06:26 AM
I ended up pulling the trigger on the leds with reefledlights.com I'm really looking forward to it and I will definitely start a build thread on here for others to see the progress on the lights and how it will effect the look and growth of my corals. I will also be making a build thread on reefsanctuary.com too. I like how they have their own rsm owners thread. So much useful info and it's great to see what everyone does with their mods.