PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! GBTA or Magnificent Anemone?

bsung413
06-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Hi guys i am really new to this forums so i am not sure if i posted this thread in the right place, correct me if i am wrong;)

Anyways, here's my question. I bought a GBTA (as how it was sold to me) from LFS today

But i went home realized it has purple foot, not like regular bubble tip such as RBTA. So i google up and found that it look similar to Magnificent Anemone.

But when it was at LFS it looks just like a GBTA with pink spot on its tip. At home it wasnt as bubble as it was at LFS but just before lights went off, the bule lights kick in, it started to bubble up again.

i am confuse, can GBTA have purple foot?

If it is a Magnificent Anemone, i read they need super high lighting, as you guys can see in the photo, i currently have a RBTA and its doing fine under the LED, does that mean the magnificent will be just fine too? or they need something stonger than RBTA

Thanks everyone

Berny

WarDog
06-02-2014, 12:47 PM
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=12922&d=1401699727

pinkreef
06-02-2014, 03:06 PM
purdy :biggrin:

bsung413
06-02-2014, 11:54 PM
Anyone? Please?

Coral Hoarder
06-03-2014, 12:12 AM
Its green and has bubble tips I have seen them with dif color foots

Delphinus
06-03-2014, 09:07 PM
It's a BTA (Entacmaea quadricolor). Yes they can have a purple or red foot like this. In my opinion they look fantastic!

Tentacles a little bleached, I would expect they will darken up over time if it does well for you. Make sure you feed it (mysis probably best) as it's questionable how much energy it's currently getting from zooxanthellae.

bsung413
06-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Thank you guys!! I am now for confidence in keeping this guy, was thinking if I should bring it back.

I tried to feed him but hes not interesting grabbing anything (mysis or krill) but he has now found a good spot and settle his foot deep into the rock work! I hope he will eat something later when I feed the tank