PDA

View Full Version : A real life little nemo

duncangweller
06-01-2014, 07:47 AM
Hey all,

Thursday before last my clowns laid a clutch (is it still called a clutch outside of chickenry?) And it seems that on Friday night they hatched (again perhaps a poultry reference) and I missed them.

There was one egg left that hadn't seen the light of day, so tonight (Saturday), whilst living my usual rock n roll life I sat up, turned off all the pumps, loaded Netflix and waited for the little bliter to show his face.

An hour later I catch him swimming lengths of the tank happy as can be.

So....now he's in a container in my sump, hopefully going to see the morning.

Now I can appreciate that it is probably a waste of time/money to try and save the little fella BUT what the hell, I'm kind of attached to him after our ten minute relationship and feel like I owe him to at least try.

I've read a few articles about what is required to rear clown fry, but if anyone has any advice/rotifers to offer (or sell) then send it this way and hopefully it can help.

Hopefully he'll survive and I can donate it to a tank in need of a clown.

Ta,
Dunc

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Wheelman76
06-01-2014, 08:04 AM
Is there any holes in the container ? If not i think the oxygen levels might get a little low by the morning

Wheelman76
06-01-2014, 08:08 AM
Monocus should have rotifers for sale.

mohammadali
06-01-2014, 08:53 AM
yes he does im going to get couple bottle on sunday , if u want let me know i can bring it to surrey for u

duncangweller
06-01-2014, 03:07 PM
He's still alive this morn.

There is no lid on the container, its an old BRS gfo container that I use for water changes here and there.

Mohammadali - if you could grab me some that would be great. Will he be OK without food until this eve?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Baker
06-01-2014, 03:39 PM
If you don't have rotifers for him now, chances are he won't last long. If your going to breed clowns, I would think breeding rotifers is also required. I have some friends here that breed clowns and they grow phyto to feed the rotifers to feed the clowns. Pretty involved if you ask me. Hopefully the little bugger lives for you.

duncangweller
06-01-2014, 08:33 PM
I don't want to breed clowns, it just so happens that my clowns are breeding.

I've found him a home with mohammedali as he breeds clowns and will give him a good chance of survival.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk