PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy replacement RO Filters?

duncangweller
05-26-2014, 10:02 PM
Hi all,

I need a couple of new filters for my RODI system. I have a couple of spare sediment filters but I need a 0.6 micron carbon filter and a 5 micron filter. I usually buy them at BRS as I can normally buy a bunch of other stuff at the same time, but at the moment I don't need anything else from them.

I would like to buy locally but I have checked a few places and they don't have the 0.6 micron filters.

So...where do you buy yours if you're in the lower mainland or from what website for Canadian delivery?

Thanks all,
Dunc

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

mike31154
05-26-2014, 10:15 PM
Try Andrew Sheret. They also carry JG fittings. Not sure about carbon filters. They should have them but I think last time I ordered mine from buckeye field supply (now buckeye hydro) since I needed DI media, which I'm fairly certain Andrew Sheret does not carry.

mark
05-27-2014, 02:36 AM
hi rejection Spectrapure membrane from Reef Supplies and still getting my pre-filters from AquasafeCanada. Good prices from both.

hillegom
05-27-2014, 03:02 AM
I usually have my particle filter a smaller micron than my carbon filter.
This way the carbon does not clog up as fast. Particle filters are cheaper than carbon, so I change the particle filter out more frequently.
What is the reason you want such a small pore size for the carbon?

Craigdillman
05-27-2014, 06:30 AM
aquasafecanada.com quick shipping and they have a box of 5 year supply for like 80$ i split it with a few people 25$ each get 6 filters

they also have DI resin check it out

Seriak
05-27-2014, 02:27 PM
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=107306