PDA

View Full Version : I think I have babies???

BCReefer
09-25-2002, 01:08 AM
I think I have babies. I see 2 little, little fishes swimming in a hole in my rocks. They are about 3 mm long??? I have 2 clowns but I never saw them carry any eggs?? I have always purchased juvenile fish and I have not added anything for about 3 months.

What should I do? Wait until they get bigger and move them to a different tank? I can’t take a clear picture yet? How many eggs would clowns have? Could it be some little fishes from rocks?

Gee I sound like a 1st time Dad. Pretty cool though. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a 6 line wrasse and a golby.

Thanks
Patrick

stephane
09-25-2002, 02:18 AM
They are hard to feed at first but at 3mm maybe they will accet crushed flake the best would be rotifer or new atching brine shrimp

I read that the best way to catch them is at night put a flashlight on the glass and they will com azap

You find good info on breeding in the 2002 reef anual

Good luck! keep me up date I want to know more

[ 24 September 2002, 22:19: Message edited by: stephane ]

EmilyB
09-25-2002, 02:22 AM
Is your language barrier selective now? I just noticed some patterns that are not consistent...nothing personal, perhaps you are joking :D ;) tongue.gif

D'oh..

stephane
09-25-2002, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by EmilyB:
Is your language barrier selective now? I just noticed some patterns that are not consistent...nothing personal, perhaps you are joking :D ;) tongue.gif

D'oh..<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry I dont understand what you said could you explane me please.

EmilyB
09-25-2002, 02:33 AM
Definition of D'oh (http://www.kidmoe.com/homer/article1.shtml)

And for you BCR, likely not fish if there are fish baby eaters in there....I think you would have seen the orange patch of eggs.

[ 24 September 2002, 22:35: Message edited by: EmilyB ]

stephane
09-25-2002, 02:36 AM
I dont talk about this but all the reflexion
Sorry can get the sence of it?

StirCrazy
09-25-2002, 02:43 AM
edited as not to take away from the post

[ 24 September 2002, 23:13: Message edited by: StirCrazy ]

stephane
09-25-2002, 02:59 AM
Second attempt

Steve the more I know you the less I want to heard about you so please when you read a post and you see a reply from me just dont read it and ignore me, I will do the same with you .

you are defenitivaly not the kind of people I want to talk anymore

I have tell you politely so please respect and just do it as I dont want to argue

I tink you just dont understand english

[ 24 September 2002, 23:02: Message edited by: stephane ]

EmilyB
09-25-2002, 03:06 AM
Edited for BCR

[ 24 September 2002, 23:22: Message edited by: EmilyB ]

BCReefer
09-25-2002, 03:09 AM
Em,

I did not beleive it either but when my wife pointd them out I looked and I saw. They are tiny fish 2 of them and they are located in a small cave/hole that is in the rock. I can see right through to the other side in the whole and I see them swimming around.

One thing Em/Stir this is my thread about what I think is baby fish not about someone's English language. If you would like to discuss that please start a new thread in the lounge.

Steph, I will try the light thing tomorrow. My son has killed all the batteries(sp). So if they come what do I do next. I am pleasently surprised at this.

Thanks
Patrick

Aquattro
09-25-2002, 03:10 AM
Everyone stop this, OK?

EmilyB
09-25-2002, 03:13 AM
Yes Brad.

Future Moderator Brad... :D

I meant that in a good way.... ;) tongue.gif

Aquattro
09-25-2002, 03:15 AM
:D

EmilyB
09-25-2002, 03:18 AM
BCR, do you have Joyce Wilkerson's book CLOWNFISHES ?

stephane
09-25-2002, 03:25 AM
Emily the more I know you the less I want to heard about you so please when you read a post and you see a reply from me just dont read it and ignore me, I will do the same with you .

you are defenitivaly not the kind of people I want to talk anymore

I have tell you politely so please respect and just do it as I dont want to argue

I tink you conspire with each other but this one for you

[ 25 September 2002, 01:54: Message edited by: stephane ]

Troy F
09-25-2002, 03:28 AM
C'mon you guys/gals. What's up with this stuff? Help Patrick raise some fry and take the rest of it to PMs.

Congrats Patrick, I'd say you have some miracle babies there. Good luck with them.

robert
09-25-2002, 03:48 AM
Pls, guys/girls don't go away... I am very new here and I started to like this board. :(

Patrick, make some photos when you can. It must be coool, I used to breed freshwater angels. Very exciting and satisfying it must be to see that you can fulfill the needs of your fish to such an extent. Congrats.

[ 24 September 2002, 23:59: Message edited by: pirate ]

smokinreefer
09-25-2002, 04:07 AM
hey patrick,
i am sorry to say, but most likely the fry will be a thing of the past by the time you look for them tommorrow.
FWIW, my clowns probably spawned dozens of times in my tank before i noticed any eggs.

not to steal from this thread, but....
out of all the months my clowns have been spwaning i have never seen any fry...but alas...i have countless...hundreds of fry in my tank right now....to my dismay...even though the lights are out, my goby is able to start munching on them already. by tommorrow morning, i fear...or shall i say i know they will all be gone.

its sooo weird...i know my clowns have been breeding for a long time now, but since i have now seen the fry i havbe gotten all excited again.

i know it will be very hard work and consuming, but i think i may try my hand at raising the fry in the near future.

let the research begin.

robert
09-25-2002, 04:12 AM
Smoky, maybe this (http://www.petdiscounters.com/aquarium/foods/brine/os_hatcher.html) can help a bot with the job. I wish I found this when I tried to raise fry. ;) I am nost sure if it works, just came cross it during my cyber walk.

smokinreefer
09-25-2002, 04:29 AM
hey that is a very cool!! thanks for the link.
that may be just what i need to have some fun in trying to raise some fry.

with all the readinging i've skimmed through so far, it looks like it is quite the endeavor to take...culturing the proper foods and whatnot...though i am just in it for the fun, something like that may be perfect.

thanks again.

EmilyB
09-25-2002, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by stephane:

You probablbly sleep whit each other but this one for you specily <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I guess that would definitely be going over the line somewhat don't you think Stephane ?

stephane
09-25-2002, 05:20 AM
Sorry to take that post again an I apologize to all of you that have noting to do whit this and
have to read stupid post as those but I want to end this asap and I tink it's the only way

At first I have problem whit Stircrasy for quite some time I dont realy know why and now from EmilyB who I have never even realy talking whith so she have someting again's me. Maybe it is as stupid because him french or some sort of racisme. (this not a question and from both of you dont even tell me I don't care) I have travel a lot and alway found a couple of Canadian who bulshit and judge people because there from another province and attack by any manners. If there are any other that are in the same wagon just tell it now or send me a PM and we will just ingnore each other. I tink it's realy better than alway try attack me by some stupid mather cause Him here to discuss reefing with people Who want to discuss reefing and definitivaly not here to loose my time and yours

I have 10 years of backgound in maintain salt aquarium and im here to help and learn Im not realy perfect in english but for those who have an open mind I alway try to explane the best I can and I make big effort to learn

English is not my native language and I realy dont need it to live, like any of you dont need to speak french to live BUT I decide to learn english and spanish because I have and open mind and the world do not limit to my personal language. there alway people who tink they are more bright than other so if you are in those
tell it to me I will ignore you as I will ignore EmilyB and Stirazy and I only wich they will do the same

Good night

[ 25 September 2002, 02:21: Message edited by: stephane ]

stephane
09-25-2002, 05:42 AM
double post

[ 25 September 2002, 02:28: Message edited by: stephane ]

stephane
09-25-2002, 06:27 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by stephane:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by EmilyB:
[qb] I guess that would definitely be going over the line somewhat don't you think Stephane ?It's only a french expression who mean that you
conspire hith each other. Im shure you have probably never even seen you because your from diferent province dont worry I will never get as low as this
Anyway the first time you have insult me I have not even reply to you but then you decide to charge back I hope you were not realy tinking I will let my sefl insult by you like you want. just ingnore me and dont reply when I will talk to someone and everyting will do well

[ 25 September 2002, 02:29: Message edited by: stephane ]