PDA

View Full Version : BRS Group Order

Baker
05-11-2014, 04:04 AM
Thinking about doing a Bulk Reef Supply order and wondering if anyone else would be in if I made one. I would spearhead the order. If Im not mistaken the way they operate is one person makes the order so everyone would have to pay me first(if anyone knows otherwise please let me know). Just let me know if your in and we will start to get a list together. Not sure what they offer for shipping discounts but hopefully there is one if we get enough together.(Maybe someone knows about this as well) Thanks

BuschWacker
05-11-2014, 04:36 AM
The last few BRS group orders I've been in just require a certain number of people. Need to give you our email that our BRS account uses. Once all is approved, we get notice from BRS, and everyone orders their own stuff. Give or take.

duncangweller
05-11-2014, 04:58 AM
You all pay individually and they ship to individual addresses. Need a minimum of ten people. Still have to pay shipping etc unless you order $175 of stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

duncangweller
05-11-2014, 06:01 AM
If a group of you are ordering and you are all somewhat local to each other then you are better off just making one order and then delivering to an address that you can all pick up from and saving on shipping. One person just foots the bill and the others pay him/her back.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Baker
05-11-2014, 06:48 AM
Oh ok, must've been thinking about j&l.

hfp75
05-11-2014, 04:07 PM
BRS is expensive. After they pile on tax, s&h, duty charges, it's 20-30% more than the www price!!! Be sure you compaired to local prices before you jump in!!!!

Baker
05-14-2014, 02:41 AM
Good to know, the only reason I was going to place an order from there is they have a ballast for my tek light. If anyone knows where else I can find one in canada then I dont have to order from them.

hfp75
05-14-2014, 02:47 AM
once upon a time needed a ballast and just phoned the company and found the local seller... pretty simple...

Baker
05-15-2014, 03:53 PM
I guess theres no interest in this. Thank you. Please delete.

FishyFishy!
05-15-2014, 04:07 PM
I guess theres no interest in this. Thank you. Please delete.

Damn, I wish I saw this 2 hours ago, we could have shared shipping charges. I just put an order in.

Baker
05-15-2014, 05:03 PM
Oh well no biggie, like I said before. I was really only interested in ordering because I needed a ballast for my tek light. After making a couple of calls I found one locally for cheaper than what BRS wanted.

lastlight
05-15-2014, 05:06 PM
Since all the packages ship separately and even if you ship with someone... you still pay directly relative to the weight/volume of what you order.

In my experience there is really no way to avoid paying a ton for shipping. Even if you share an order you're still paying the same as two separate orders based on my experiments with the shopping cart.