PDA

View Full Version : JBJ nano LED intermediate and SPS?

ToshAlexandra
05-07-2014, 01:45 AM
Anyone had success keeping SPS like acro in the intermediate LED? Ive been trying but getting a lot of browning out and only recently realized it could be the lighting? Anyone have more details?

Baker
05-10-2014, 01:46 AM
Anyone had success keeping SPS like acro in the intermediate LED? Ive been trying but getting a lot of browning out and only recently realized it could be the lighting? Anyone have more details?

Chances are its the lighting. Biocubes and nanocubes arent very good if you want to do sps. I had a nanocube and couldnt keep sps in it. Basically boiled down to whether I wanted to do a retrofit or get away from the cube completely. Decided to get away from it.

JmeJReefer
05-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Its the lighting. Just doesn't have the juice needed for Hight Light Acros. Is it on a cube (size)? How big?
Try looking into a Par 38 LEd bulb. They are wicked powerful now and ive managed to grow some easier SPS under it. Its a 56watt Par 38 and it'll grow anything im thinkin.

Good luck!!!

Ryanerickson
05-10-2014, 01:33 PM
My buddy has great success with sps in a 29 gallon bio cube but upgraded with a radion in guessing it's your lights you may be able to grow digi it can handle lower light.