PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a 3d cad file of an aquarium?

spit.fire
05-06-2014, 11:36 PM
Trying to learn how to use autodesk inventor and wanna try playing with completed files for learning purposes

msjboy
05-07-2014, 12:05 AM
Inventor is way overboard to do an aquarium..... try Sketchup; it is easy on ones hardware if you don't have a xeon workstation with 32GB or more ram. It was aquired by Google 5 or so years ago and the basic version is free; great for novices and you can get better as time goes; you can get nice plugin and renderers to as well as limited file format import/exports. It is good for simpler squarish/architectural stuff - check it out.

Ample people from larger forums like reefcentral, nano-reef, reef sanctuary etc use it; they probable have the files / part files as well if you ask them or do a search on the freebie 3d repository at https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/?redirect=1

regs
msjboy

spit.fire
05-07-2014, 12:18 AM
My laptop runs inventor just fine :p

My desktop runs it even better tho

sphelps
05-07-2014, 12:32 AM
I have some SW files, could probably convert them. I could save as a step file or something similar which I assume would work for inventor..?

spit.fire
05-07-2014, 02:07 AM
step files will work as far as i know

spit.fire
05-09-2014, 05:04 AM
i tried sketchup, felt like using ms paint in 3d so went back to playing with autodesk and came up with this