PDA

View Full Version : Who's tank is it?

hawk
08-10-2004, 05:44 PM
In the online edition of The Buy&Sell theres a tank and stand for sale near Red Deer. It's an auction type sale, there's no phone number and no way of getting ahold of the seller without bidding. More info is needed before I bid, such as dimensions, equipment descriptions etc. Does anyone know who's tank this is and a way of getting in touch with the owner. Thanks

Canadian Man
08-10-2004, 06:50 PM
Teevee Maybe?

hawk
08-10-2004, 08:17 PM
here's a link
http://buysell.com/bestoffer/viewoffer.asp?id=28389822

muck
08-10-2004, 08:21 PM
Teevee Maybe?

here's a link
http://buysell.com/bestoffer/viewoffer.asp?id=28389822
nope, not teevee's but looks like a very nice setup.
Maybe a little too much pizzazz for me though... :razz:

hawk
08-10-2004, 11:47 PM
[/quote]
Maybe a little too much pizzazz for me though... :razz:[/quote]

Yeah it's a bit much for me too, but if the price was right, and a few alterations it could work. Although it maybe a little narrow front to back.

Quinster
08-11-2004, 02:12 PM
Hello All,

I have seen this sort of thing online before and what I have done is bid $1.00 and in the comment sections first line explain you aren't a jerk trying to snipe his tank but you want info/pics....just MO!

Quinn

hawk
08-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Hello All,

I have seen this sort of thing online before and what I have done is bid $1.00 and in the comment sections first line explain you aren't a jerk trying to snipe his tank but you want info/pics....just MO!

Quinn
I did try this but the bid and several others would not be accepted as they were too low.

albert_dao
08-12-2004, 04:02 PM
I've met the owner of this tank before. He's a professional cabinet maker who started saltwater roughly a year and a half ago. The tank had a leak so they are getting rid of the everything.

Delphinus
08-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Ok, I can't stand this any longer. Everytime someone replies to this thread I go look at that ad and it's the same thing everytime... That ad shows me absolutely nothing except for a little text description that tells me nothing, and then a price, and then a little red "X" for the picture. If I look at the properties for the picture, I can see that the problem is that there are two dots before the file extension. But I can't copy the URL and paste it into a new window with the correction because the buysell.com site doesn't allow that.

So how the heck are you guys able to tell whose tank it is or that it has "pizzazz" or whatever. ?! :confused: Are you guys really all putting in bids or something? I'm not going that extra step of bidding, is that all it is?

EmilyB
08-12-2004, 06:22 PM
The link hawk provided works for me. It is pretty pizzazzy all right.

Delphinus
08-12-2004, 06:26 PM
Weird. I don't have any problems viewing photos for any other ads on their site, just this one.

Do you guys have subscriptions to the bargainfinder online and are able to view the current ads? I've never resorted to paying to view their ads online so I'm looking at last week's ads. Maybe that's what it is.

wayner
08-12-2004, 06:47 PM
This is the fellow that is building my Oak Stand & Canopy, here's a link to their website, they mostly build with MDF I think, so mine is a custom job., which there open to, just have to tell them what you want.

http://www.aquariumstands.net/

Jim Barry
08-12-2004, 07:25 PM
This is the fellow that is building my Oak Stand & Canopy, here's a link to their website, they mostly build with MDF I think, so mine is a custom job., which there open to, just have to tell them what you want.

http://www.aquariumstands.net/

Thanks for the link. I am planning a custom built in wall stand for my new house and this guy looks like he does awesome work.

Let me know what you think of it when it is finished.

Jim

wayner
08-12-2004, 07:36 PM
Jim:

You can come by & see for yourself, I'll let you know.

christyf5
08-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Does this work Tony??

http://buysell.com/userphotos/rlcraig/3210190-R1-018-7A..jpg

Delphinus
08-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Nope ... :confused:

Oh well .. I see by the fellow's website though what you guys mean. Wow, that's ornate. The one on the front page with the pillars, anyhow. I dare say it kind of detracts one's focus from the tank itself though ...

Jaws
08-12-2004, 08:42 PM
anyone know what something like that costs?

monza
08-13-2004, 04:30 AM
Pretty sure it costs about.. quote," The seller has requested $3850 Or Best Offer" :rolleyes:

Dave

hawk
08-13-2004, 05:45 AM
The tank is 90g-48"x18"x24", not drilled. If anyone is interested
The picture doesn't work for me now, either.

Majestic_Aquariums
08-13-2004, 10:03 PM
This is Rhonda Craig from Majestic Aquariums. I would like to thank those who complemented our stands.

In response to albert_dao's comment. The tank does not, nor has ever leaked. Also, we are not selling everything off. We are only selling the "Crown Jewel" to make room for a 230 gallon display. Space is limited with our current selection of over 20 display stands. We would like to have a few larger display stands in the near future.

Delphinus
08-14-2004, 12:11 AM
Welcome to Canreef, Rhonda. :biggrin:

Majestic_Aquariums
08-14-2004, 01:35 AM
Tony,

It is a pleasure to join Can Reef. This looks like a very impressive web site.

Thank you very much.
Rhonda Craig - Majestic Aquariums www.aquariumstands.net

albert_dao
08-14-2004, 05:04 PM
Miscommunication :eek:

Majestic_Aquariums
08-15-2004, 01:50 AM
It's okay, Albert. I can understand why you might have thought that tank leaked. Being that it was the filter on our 90 gallon freshwater, you must have misheard. However, it's no big deal.
Thanks for clearing it up. :smile:

Quinn
08-16-2004, 06:11 PM
From what I saw, that tank doesn't look all that exciting... :neutral: Definitely not mine though.

I am amazed that of all the names out there, there are two Quinns on this board. Heck I've only met two others in my life!

Majestic_Aquariums
08-20-2004, 02:25 AM
The tank package consists of 80lbs. liverock, 2 802 powerheads, Filstar XP3 filtration, SeaClone 150 protien skimmer, Ebo-Jager 200watt heater, 70lbs substrate, new coralife flourescents(we admit this is a very basic lighting system, but it works for us) All together the system cost us $1400.00 new, but we bought all accesories at Gold Aquariums, and know we saved alot as compared to other local stores. As well, both Dennis and Albert have always been very helpful with us, we appreciate the service, as well as the advice we have always been given. We look forward to every trip to Calgary, to go see what's in stock. Thanks. Robert.

EmilyB
08-20-2004, 02:45 AM
I'm just curious, so is Gold's recommending the Filstar and the SeaClone? Or was that a while ago... :confused:

Majestic_Aquariums
08-20-2004, 11:07 AM
We went into Gold's as beginners, as my sister had been shopping there for some time for all of her freshwater stock and supplies. We went in, basicially said "tell us what we need" and then purchased it. At the time, they recommended Aqua 500 filters, as they would put more oxygen in the water. We picked up the Filstar for one of my sister's tanks while we were there. She decided she didn't want it, so we kept it for ourselves. We personally think it is great-simple to maintain, keeps our levels great, ect. Dennis at the time reccomended the SeaClone skimmer, and it really works great(we found it took some time to get it adjusted just right)
In Red Deer, Petland wants $479.00 for the XP3, and well over $300.00 for the SeaClone, and we got these both combined for $400.00 at Gold's
Although we had our share of losses as beginners, water quality was never once one of the issues. It seemed like of the very few times we didn't follow their advice 100%, we wished we did later.

misi_muggins
08-22-2004, 04:58 PM
I know this man's work! First introduced to him when he remodeled my
kitchen, dinrm and livrm - now have 2 tank stands built by him! Bought my first one and was delighted - so bought a 2nd.
You can't go wrong if you want a decorative and 100% reliable stand.....
a real attention-getter from everyone who sees them - really compliments my tank and all its contents....... just like having gorgeous windows, but no window coverings to compliment them - what would be the point???
Prices are right for the quality of workmanship - plus delivered and set up for a ridiculously low price - excellent service! :biggrin: