PDA

View Full Version : MP 10 Dry Side Bearings

Maverick00
05-02-2014, 08:35 PM
The dry side bearings on my mp10 are toast. They have always had a slight whine to them but last night almost as if i flicked a switch, they started squealing. Ive seen a couple threads showing how to replace the bearings at home, but has anyone here every done it? How complicated is it? Where did you get your bearings?

Thanks for any help.

Ryanerickson
05-02-2014, 09:16 PM
I got my bearing on line take yours apart first and get the serial number off the bearing. after it was done my mp10 was no quieter but worked again so now it runs on my frag tank in my garage. In my opinion it was worth it for me but if it was for my display the mp10 would be garbage way to loud for living room.

gregzz4
05-02-2014, 09:55 PM
I bought my bearings from Boca and they ship free
You will need a small Phillips screwdriver, six mm Allen key, and a utility knife
I will most likely have to talk to you on the phone to walk you through how to pulling the bearings off if they won't come off my hand
After you have a part you need to measure your bearings, ignore the numbers on them
They will either be 6X 15 X5, or 7X14X5, If I remember correctly
I'll confirm that tonight And get you the style/part number

Ignore my grammar/spelling, I'm on my smart phone

gregzz4
05-02-2014, 11:46 PM
Yup, those are the correct 2 different sizes they came with
There's no way to tell which ones you have until you remove them from the housing
Be VERY careful not to chip the magnetic shaft assy - don't try to pry them off the shaft
I've tried the freezer trick for removal but I didn't have any success. Nor did it help to re-install them

I've tried 3 different styles of bearings and have found these ones (http://www.bocabearings.com/bearing-inventory/Radial-Bearings/211/7x14x5-MR1472RS) to be the quietest so far
It took about a month at full speed on EcoSmart before they became as quiet as they'll get

If you need the 6X15mm ones you'll need to contact them for the correct p/n, but I'd recommend the style I linked

If you have any questions, shoot me a PM

Maverick00
05-03-2014, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the great info guys!

gregzz4 if i do attempt to do it here ill throw you a pm.

To my surprise alot of the noise was coming from the wet side, even though i cleaned it over and over again. The dry side is still noisy but i find it more irritating than ever because i started running it at 100%.

As frustrating as it is i must say I am very happy overall with the pump. I actually bought it used a couple years ago so its defiantly seen some use. I did however have to buy a new control unit for it as well a few months ago.