PDA

View Full Version : Help! Frogspawn Accident

purestar
05-01-2014, 12:54 AM
Was doing a water change and accidentally syphoned off half of the flesh of my three headed frogspawn. The biggest head was hit the hardest--almost 80 percent of the fleshy polyps ended up in the bucket.

Does anyone know if it will grow back? Is there anything I can do for it that will help? It is glued onto my live rock so moving it may be more traumatic...

SIGH... it was doing so well. Was even seeing signs of a new head. DOH DOH DOH!:sad:

gregzz4
05-01-2014, 04:21 AM
Since it's glued to your rock you probably can't do much for it
If it was on a small rock you may have been best served by dipping it for a bit, but that's out the window

I think in your case, short of removing the rock from your tank, you'll just have to wait it out and see what happens

Keep an eye on it for a few days as when they get stressed they will drop pieces regularly. They'll float around your tank and and sting anything they touch

Good Luck !!

Slyguy00
05-01-2014, 05:46 AM
I actually did that not to long ago. I wouldnt be to worried. You would be amazed at how hearty some of these creatures are. Mine has already grown back and looks fine.

mohammadali
05-01-2014, 06:35 AM
i siphoned out few tentacle of my torch coral couple times but still doing great and my firefish goby fit got eating by my true percula it grew again
Keeping reef tank is fun then anything else :D

Jinsen
05-01-2014, 01:29 PM
i siphoned out few tentacle of my torch coral couple times but still doing great and my firefish goby fit got eating by my true percula it grew again

Keeping reef tank is fun then anything else :D

Well said!..thats we called real aquarium ;)

I drop my torch so many times hitting the glass bottom so hard and loosing some tentacle and i think he likes it lol
Now some tentacle of it are 2 in 1 tentacle like frogspawn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pinkreef
05-01-2014, 03:01 PM
siphon off any brown jelly that may appear as it will spread

purestar
05-02-2014, 03:12 AM
Wow, 24 hours later and the polyps have started to reform from the green "mince" (for lack of a better description) that was left behind in the skeleton! Just like Slyguy was saying... I am amazed at the regenerative powers of corals. I am cautiously optimistic now for a full recovery. Fingers crossed!

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement :-)

Dearth
05-02-2014, 05:11 AM
I was told that when I got my frogspawn and hammer coral that they would be fragile but be damned those things have been damaged, torn and beaten and still keep a licking and keep ticking I have found at least in my case that coral tend to be hardier than they look