PDA

View Full Version : Jebao WP-40

halwake
04-30-2014, 05:27 PM
Okay, last week one of my WP-40's quit working. Cleaned it up and gave it a vinegar bath, I was able to get it to run for about half hour then dead again. Swapped power supplies with my good one and still nothing leading me the think its the head itself. Contacted Fish street where I got them from and they said they would send the replacement head out for the cost of shipping which is $25 US. Not a big deal, sent them money by PayPal. Today I got up and my other head was dead. Both are under a year old. I have been extremely happy with them up till now. Guess I will be throwing in another maxi jet 1200 until the new heads show up.

hfp75
04-30-2014, 10:06 PM
I was wondering how these new heads would handle all the work.... Maybe they don't handle the starting & stopping all that great??? Any power spikes or anything???

Bean
04-30-2014, 10:47 PM
I've read about these things quitting after a year or so. Some last awhile but I read a lot about them dieing prematurely. The most common thing I read about is the ceramic shaft getting bound up with something small. I was looking at getting a set but I don't want them to cease up or quit.

halwake
04-30-2014, 11:57 PM
They just seemed like they were getting less and less powerful for a day or so, then nothing. Like I said, I had been very happy with them up to this.

nrosdal
05-01-2014, 01:05 AM
i have dealt with these for a while and the only down side i find is that power does go down if you put off cleaning more then 6 months. Have had a few failures. But over quite a while now and hundreds sold i have had maybe 4 head replacements and 5 controller/power supply issues. With failure or defect in the 2-3% range over close to 2 years i can't say it is any worse then any other product that i have dealt with and 10 times better then some that used to be carried. As long as you get them somewhere that will handle it well (including a few vendors on here and fish street), they are pretty much worry free.

Bean
05-01-2014, 01:11 AM
Agreed on the maintenance part of it hence the reason the shafts bind up, something gets stuck so it stops. To be fair, people do love them. Allows for good wave control and water movement for a fraction of the cost of other brands. If the failure rate is that low then there is no real problem and I'm glad cause I've been wanting a set.

jordsyke
05-01-2014, 02:17 AM
absolutely love mine

halwake
05-01-2014, 03:21 AM
I love them too, just surprised I had 2 failures back to back within a week. Bang for your buck they really cannot be beaten and if you deal with someone who stands behind the product like Nick has said, that is outstanding as well. Fish street is sending 2 new heads out no questions asked. Sounds like Reef Supply Canada would do the same if the units were purchased through them. Nothing was bound up in the heads, just stopped turning.

corpusse
05-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Even if these things only last 1 year on average they are still more economical then vortechs. Don't get me wrong I love the vortech design but both my G1 MP40's and my MP10 no longer work.

If they end up lasting 2 years I will be thrilled.

Reef Pilot
05-01-2014, 01:28 PM
i have dealt with these for a while and the only down side i find is that power does go down if you put off cleaning more then 6 months. Have had a few failures. But over quite a while now and hundreds sold i have had maybe 4 head replacements and 5 controller/power supply issues. With failure or defect in the 2-3% range over close to 2 years i can't say it is any worse then any other product that i have dealt with and 10 times better then some that used to be carried. As long as you get them somewhere that will handle it well (including a few vendors on here and fish street), they are pretty much worry free.
Yup, I can definitely vouch for Nick standing by his stuff. Had some controller issues after a power outage, and he sent me out a couple new ones. Felt kind of bad, as I'm sure the power outage had something to do with it, but despite that, he still sent out replacements. I have some doubts that Ecotech or others would have done that given the circumstances.

Otherwise no issues, and the pumps work great. Yes, they do lose some power if you don't clean them for a few months, but right back to full power after that.

harlequin01
05-04-2014, 04:23 PM
I have never tried jebao but had korallia in the past. Korallia is one of the worst. It get clogs easily and mine only lasted 7 - 8 months when the propeller doesn't spin or sucking water instead. my seio pumps are way much better and i had them since i started this hobby. too bad they don't make the magnet holders like korallia. they fall down a lot because the suction cups gone bad after several years

JmeJReefer
05-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Lots to be said for maintenance on these, but couldn't be happier with mine...
I clean it once a month, just to be safe!

Sent from my HTC Desire 601 using Tapatalk