PDA

View Full Version : FS/FT Vertex Omega 130

canoman
04-28-2014, 06:03 PM
I am looking to sell or trade my vertex for another skimmer. I've had this since January and I'm tired of adjusting it every other day. I've done everything from raising it to lowering it and I can't seem to dial it in. So I'm ready to get rid of it. I'm asking $200 or trade for a good skimmer. I had a bubble magnus 5.5 before and it skimmed better than this. So I'm open to hear what you guys have thanks

spit.fire
04-28-2014, 11:55 PM
I've never once had to readjust mine, are you running an ato or baffles in your sump?

canoman
04-28-2014, 11:59 PM
I am running ato and my sump does have baffles. I just came from work and now I have nice micro bubbles going up the neck. This is the first time the cup has darker skim.

greyreef
04-29-2014, 01:00 AM
Heard these things are very sensitive to depth in sump
Alot of people find the "golden depth" is 6 and a half inches into the sump!
Kinda finniky, but one its set, works like a *****
you just not getting any skim, watery, what

Blink
04-30-2014, 01:29 AM
It took hours of messing with it and plenty of advice from local reefers but once I got my wife's Omega set up it started pulling mud up and I haven't touched it since November.

I found I had to keep it very high in the sump, Vertex suggests 7-9" depth, don't you believe it, I think mine is sitting at about 5" right now, although I've got the outlet throttled back a bunch.
Suffice to say, get it high in the water and see if that helps before you take a loss on it.