PDA

View Full Version : CPU controlled diverter

mark
04-26-2014, 09:56 PM
FLowwolf (http://www.derkroon.com/store/products/digital-flow-diverters) 4 and 6 port diverter valve. As a CL fan looks interesting, little pricy though.

monocus
04-26-2014, 11:57 PM
considering the oceans motions was over $400 it's not that expensive for a random wavemaker

craigwmiller
04-27-2014, 05:14 AM
Hmm... I have a CL that is currently on manual diversion (valve exercise by me), as I haven't exactly been thrilled with the OceansMotion... Thanks for the link, I'm going to consider this now!

StirCrazy
04-27-2014, 05:19 AM
neat, but not $633.00 neat....

Steve

Parker
04-27-2014, 01:11 PM
Not sure I see long value in this. Especially with the price of DC pumps these days and the ability to run them off of controllers, it would be cheaper to run multiple pumps. It probably won't be long before one of the controller manufactures has native support for something like this.. I might be more interested if they made them for high volume AC pumps, technically this couldn't handle the flow from a Dart.

monza
04-27-2014, 01:53 PM
I'm a fan of the Ocean Motion, used one for years. This is a cool idea for sure a bit more tech then the OM. I do see the future of closed loops for sure being driven by individual DC controllable pumps. I've been pondering the idea for a while and may try it once there is a reliable DC pump and controller on the market. I've had two Wavelines and a Jebao pump fail in less then four months running them. (all controller failures)

If I could switch and control the way the drum turns in a OM that would be a cool upgrade, I'm sure it's very doable but have not explored it.

monocus
04-27-2014, 04:18 PM
i just looked on the om website(as the last time i got a new mag drive they weren't making the om anymore) ,a new 4 way is $499 us.for a measly $140 more you could have the controllable flow.i use my om on top of my return pump which is not a closed loop system

mark
04-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Guess the plus with the OM4-way is they are simple. Bought mine used and ran it trouble free about 8 years then the motor went. Installed a new motor, hoping for at least another 8.

Still impressed though with the idea of programmable valve.

spit.fire
04-27-2014, 05:10 PM
I'm a fan of the Ocean Motion, used one for years. This is a cool idea for sure a bit more tech then the OM. I do see the future of closed loops for sure being driven by individual DC controllable pumps. I've been pondering the idea for a while and may try it once there is a reliable DC pump and controller on the market. I've had two Wavelines and a Jebao pump fail in less then four months running them. (all controller failures)

If I could switch and control the way the drum turns in a OM that would be a cool upgrade, I'm sure it's very doable but have not explored it.

Pretty sure it would be easy with an apex

monza
04-27-2014, 09:30 PM
Pretty sure it would be easy with an apex

You'd need a motor that could change directions, I'm sure it's out there never looked. Then yes controlling off the Apex would be easy enough.