PDA

View Full Version : Tang just scratches??

dcw1sfu
04-25-2014, 03:05 AM
Hey after doing my weekly tank clean/water change i noticed my tang looks to have a couple scratches on his side. He doesnt like when im in the tank and does get a little frantic/aggresive so im thinking maybe he thrashed against a rock a bit? Or is this possibly the start of something else and they are acutally sores. Hope the picture is decent enough to see. Its the two white lines one above his pectoral fin and one to the side of his pectoral fin midway down his body. And just a not the dots in the pic are not on the fish just something either in the water or on the glass that the camera picked up.

http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o619/dcw1sfu/284.jpg

monza
04-25-2014, 03:11 AM
I'd guess just scratches. Nice looking tang.

morecowbell
04-25-2014, 03:32 PM
My tang does this whenever I have to be in the tank. He freaks out and goes into his cave and next time I see him, he has a scratch or two on his side.

Cujo#31
05-03-2014, 05:51 PM
+1 on the scratches, most likely from rock. My tangs squeeze themselves into rock areas they have no right being in. Most strangers to mt tank will point to my Hippo specifically and say "your fish is stuck in the rock". 10 seconds later its out and cruising again