PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Reef Meet this Saturday the 26

michika
04-23-2014, 02:17 PM
When: April 26 1ish to 3ish
Where: TBA - suggestions welcome for an all ages venue.

FishingGoalie
04-23-2014, 04:33 PM
Buffalo wild wings ;)

lastlight
04-23-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm planning something for the following week. Please stay tuned!

lpsreefer
04-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Weekly meets that's sweet.

FishingGoalie
04-23-2014, 09:02 PM
I was also thinking about having one at my house in a couple weeks.

kien
04-23-2014, 09:30 PM
Reef meet tonight in my front yard. Thanks for looking.

EmilyB
04-23-2014, 10:14 PM
I thought it was at Mugshotz, I posted that to Canreef's FB page. Has this changed again?

SteveCGY
04-23-2014, 10:29 PM
I thought it was at Mugshotz, I posted that to Canreef's FB page. Has this changed again?

Canreef has a FB page?

FishingGoalie
04-23-2014, 10:30 PM
Canreef has a FB page?

+1

EmilyB
04-24-2014, 12:34 AM
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/442591209147854/

Delphinus
04-24-2014, 04:02 PM
Sooooo ... we're not doing Mugshotz then? I'm confused...

brotherd
04-25-2014, 03:22 AM
What's happening? I still have that time if there is a Gathering of Like Minded Individuals :)

EmilyB
04-25-2014, 04:19 AM

Who are you and what did you do to michika...??? :twised:

brotherd
04-25-2014, 04:29 AM
Hey EmilyB. Where would you have a reefmeet on Saturday if you were inclined to do so?

EmilyB
04-25-2014, 04:35 AM
Lol, Tony and I were so up for wings and beers at Mugshotz again...even got the hubby to agree to come. Tony and us will run out of things to talk about, so....we would need a few more peeps... :lol:

brotherd
04-25-2014, 04:45 AM
Okay then, if like minded individuals were interested in attending such a gathering at Mugshotz, what would the time and address be? (I'm being a smart a** but I do want to attend because I had to miss the last one)

EmilyB
04-25-2014, 04:51 AM
Okay then, if like minded individuals were interested in attending such a gathering at Mugshotz, what would the time and address be? (I'm being a smart a** but I do want to attend because I had to miss the last one)

If you want a meeting at Mugshotz....:biggrin: so be it.

#12 2808 Ogden Rd SE, Calgary, Alberta

1PM - 3PM April 26 RSVP :mrgreen:

brotherd
04-25-2014, 05:21 AM
I'm in. michika, what say ye and yer hubby?

EmilyB
04-26-2014, 02:14 AM
Bump for a reminder. Come see Tony eat the hottest wings in the world. :lol:

Mugshotz

#12 2808 Ogden Rd SE, Calgary, Alberta

1PM - 3PM April 26

FishingGoalie
04-26-2014, 02:36 AM

Just voicing my opinion on your choice of venue. I was really looking forward to attending the reef meet this weekend as it was suppose to be a venue for all ages. The first post specificaly says "all ages venue". I dont think it is faur that you can chose one for yourself and one orher person i think everyones voices need to be heard.

Dont change the venue as i wont be there because this thread is only getting more confusing. I hope you take this into thought for next time you plan a reef meet.

EmilyB
04-26-2014, 02:51 AM
Some of us are going to Mugshotz....as was planned in a previous thread when the venue was changed to all ages last weekend.

Assuming that was the venue for THIS weekend, it was only changed by Michika who had said she was in for Mugshotz in the previous thread.

You are free to meet with whoever you want, whenever you want, and wherever you want. :lol:

There is no formal Calgary club.

FishingGoalie
04-26-2014, 03:16 AM
Some of us are going to Mugshotz....as was planned in a previous thread when the venue was changed to all ages last weekend.

Assuming that was the venue for THIS weekend, it was only changed by Michika who had said she was in for Mugshotz in the previous thread.

You are free to meet with whoever you want, whenever you want, and wherever you want. :lol:

There is no formal Calgary club.

That wasnt my point what im trying to say is that the first post said all ages venue. What you have done is turn this thread from a all ages venue to a adults only venue.

Thank you and i am now done here.

Next time you chose something dont just chose for your self

Thanks
Hayden

EmilyB
04-26-2014, 03:18 AM
I think we have found our teenager... :wink:

eta: don't mind me, I've had teenagers, and now I have teenage grandchildren.

FishingGoalie
04-26-2014, 03:22 AM
If i was over 18 i wouldnt care where it was

EmilyB
04-26-2014, 03:25 AM
If i was over 18 i wouldnt care where it was

You can have "it" anywhere. There are others reading this thread and I don't see where there has been another place suggested for an all ages venue.

*shrug*

We just want our wings from Mugshotz, cut us some slack....you want to sit out in the parking lot?

FishingGoalie
04-26-2014, 03:27 AM
Buffalo wild wings ;)

?

EmilyB
04-26-2014, 03:31 AM

kien
04-26-2014, 03:56 AM
Here's my two cents on the matter for what it's worth. Well, I suppose it's worth 2 cents..

The original poster clearly requested a reef meet at an all ages venue and asked for suggestions. It's right there in the first post. There was one suggestion put forward, Buffalo Wild Wings, which met the parameters set out by the original poster. There was then a second suggestion made which did not meet the criteria set out by the original post (non-family venue). There may or may not have been some previous arrangement made last weekend for a predestined meeting this weekend. However, continuing to discuss that in this thread I think is just confusing people.

In my opinion, I think that if you want to set up a meeting that does not meet the original parameters set out by the original poster then you should do one of three things. Either get a hold of the original poster, convince them of your desire to change the meeting and ask them to update this thread to make it clear to everyone that it is now an exclusive event at location X.

Or, you should should set up a separate thread stating your own parameters for a meeting.

Or, if you really intend for it to be exclusive to a certain set of individuals you can just PM them and say hey let's meet here at this time.

The bottom line is people are confused. Personally I would suggest just starting a new thread if you want to set up a meeting that is different from what the original poster intended. It's easy and it is free.

Delphinus
04-26-2014, 03:56 AM
I think at this point it's fair to say there is no meet up at Mugshotz. It's not fair to anyone under-18 so let's just say that it is off, and instead if there IS a meet, it's at Buffalo Wild Wings where you had it before.

Regrettably, I won't be able to make it to Buffalo Wild Wings myself this weekend, I have a scheduling conflict in the end and I won't have time to make it up to that location. Perhaps next time!

Perhaps the next meet we have at someone's house and have an actual frag swap :)

EmilyB
04-26-2014, 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by michika http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=892497#post892497)

Next weekend, Saturday the 26th, we're getting together at Mug Shotz from 1-3ish pm. Where we will be gorging on delicious wings which may or may not be spicy depending on when Tony arrives.

Come on everyone! Get out two weekends in a row, eat wings, laugh, and make some awkward reef jokes to the waitress.

So why wouldn't we be confused, especially when Michika posts this new thread without explanation???

EmilyB
04-26-2014, 03:59 AM
You are absolutely right.

New thread needed.

kien
04-26-2014, 04:01 AM
So why wouldn't we be confused, especially when Michika posts this new thread without explanation???

The confusion is still there because that was posted in the thread for LAST weekends reef meet when maybe it should have been posted in its own thread if this MugShots meet was truly happening. When I read that I wasn't sure if it was actually happening or not because it wasn't set up in its own thread. And now here we are talking about something that was said in the last meet's thread ? :lol:

EmilyB
04-26-2014, 04:35 AM
I'm sorry, I think Michika confused us a bit, and also by her not responding.

michika
04-26-2014, 07:15 PM
I'm still confused and definitely planning on staying home now.

Coralgurl
04-26-2014, 07:22 PM
That sucks Michika! Hard to plan a meet when threads get hijacked! Hopefully next time one is planned it goes a bit smoother! Thanks for organizing though!:lol:

michika
04-26-2014, 08:03 PM
This thread shows different on both my phone and my tablet; one in tapatalk and one in firefox. Either way, yeah...this it didn't end as intended. Maybe I'll try again in the future. Maybe.