PDA

View Full Version : New Era + Eheim Auto Fish Feeder

craigwmiller
04-23-2014, 03:25 AM
I've had very good luck in the past with the Eheim "Everyday Fish Feeder" with the New Life Spectrum 2mm sinking pellets... Now looking for your experiences/etc running the softer-ish New Era pellets?

Anyone tried yet?

Dez
04-23-2014, 03:28 AM
You work from home - YOU are the auto feeder. You're fingers will deliver the softer stuff perfectly. Plus, you'll get the enjoyment of watching the fish eat and checking up on them :mrgreen:

craigwmiller
04-23-2014, 03:33 AM
You work from home - YOU are the auto feeder. You're fingers will deliver the softer stuff perfectly. Plus, you'll get the enjoyment of watching the fish eat and checking up on them :mrgreen:

Yeah, well... :p

Seriously though, I'm lazy, and over the next 4 months we are planning a few trips, and I'm going to be in the US a couple times for work :)

The Grizz
04-24-2014, 01:23 AM
I'm using an auto fish feeder with the new era marine & algae pellets and it works perfectly.

Willito
04-24-2014, 05:48 PM
Been using this combo for a year. Works better if you have more fish that require larger portion for each feeding. It doesn't discard consistently if you have small feedings as it tends to stick and clog. I have atleast 10 medium/large fish 4"-6" so the feeder works well with New Era. Otherwise it's flawless with all other fish food brands.