PDA

View Full Version : AI controller or director ?

ReEf BoSs
04-21-2014, 09:11 PM
Just wondering what people like better the AI new wireless controller or director?

Ive heard if the new wireless controller is only wired into a sol it still needs to be plugged into separate power anyone know?
I would like my lights to be set it and forget it.

NIVLEM09
04-21-2014, 09:18 PM
Just wondering what people like better the AI new wireless controller or director?

Ive heard if the new wireless controller is only wired into a sol it still needs to be plugged into separate power anyone know?
I would like my lights to be set it and forget it.

I'd get the AI Director

mark
04-21-2014, 10:18 PM
$20 more get the Director sit in front of the computer with mouse and easily configure your lights. Unit is powered by USB wall wart.

Will admit was logging in continuously when first got mine playing but once set, can be left alone.

Reef Supplies
04-21-2014, 10:59 PM
They both work very well. Choosing depends on what you like.

The director has more options and is much more advanced, the "New controller" is much more basic but you still have the "sunrise/sunset" effect.

If you like tinkering with your lights with your computer go with the director. If, you're like me who tries to avoid computers, New Controller.

Here is a great user video that walks you through the New Controller step by step… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QcxARtsiNg

Ray

ReEf BoSs
04-22-2014, 02:08 AM
If wired into an AI sol does the controller also need to be plugged in to an oulet or does it get power from the sol fixture?
Thanks.
As of right now im leaning towards the director just in case the power gets disconnected sounds like a pain with the controller to reset everything.