PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Gift Ideas

mr_alberta
08-08-2004, 01:03 AM
Well, my cousin is getting married at the end of August and I have no clue what to get her as a wedding gift. I've never had to shop for a wedding gift before so I really don't know where to start. What do people normally buy as wedding gifts?

Dez
08-08-2004, 01:23 AM
Gift certificates I found were one of the best things we got, either that or money, or if possible, maybe their travel agencywill accept cash toward their honeymoon, or a photography package/gift certificate...

des

Scavenger
08-08-2004, 01:23 AM
How about a nice assorted bouquet? You know a colony of zoo's surrounded by some pumping xenia, mushrooms and digitata's all presented on a tabletop acro. :lol: j/k, I guess you should think of your cousins tastes and needs. When I got married, we received a lot of needs and convenience appliances.

EmilyB
08-08-2004, 01:59 AM
LOL, yes a gift certificate for a major chain store like the Bay is always good. In a pinch, any and all towels are good....hehehe :biggrin:

smokinreefer
08-08-2004, 02:31 AM
ask them if theyve registered anywhere...
that helps a lot....

but the last time i checked, no one ever said they didnt like gettin money!

Cap'n
08-08-2004, 07:48 AM
Just returned from my wedding party / reception. The best gifts we received were the personal art pieces which will always remind us of those who made them for us. I guess that's where knowing the personal tastes of the recipient comes in.

Next best present, gift certificate to a cool store, and right after that, money. Just make sure you have a good card with an honest, heartfelt expression to give the money some feeling.

Samw
08-08-2004, 02:19 PM
I would imagine that something personalized is good for couples with excess material wealth while money/gift certificates are good for people who aren't like Donald Trump. What I sometimes like to do is to buy a nice engraved wedding picture frame with bride and groom's name and wedding date engraved on them. Then I place a gift certificate along with the card so they now have both something spendable and something memorable.

mr_alberta
08-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the great replies everyone!

monza
08-10-2004, 04:20 AM
Couple of snowboards for sure!

Dave

jgoldsney
08-23-2004, 05:34 PM
SOmething that I used to get for my buddies that got married was a tool box full of screw drivers, a hammer, tape measure etc....

Ya never realize how mush of dad's stuff you use untill you move out

Joel

Richer
08-23-2004, 06:11 PM
Do they have a gift registry anywhere? Those are pretty helpful. Newly married couples have the weirdest wants... I got a humidifer for a couple last year :lol: .

Maybe one of those folding room dividers that you can put pictures in? After the wedding is all done with, the couple can put in their wedding pictures in it... and everytime they look at it, they'll be reminded of who gave the room divider to them. I think you can buy those at most photography stores... I believe I saw one at Japan Camera at WEM once... or maybe Blacks.

-Richer