PDA

View Full Version : J&L Order- for Calgary

ed99
08-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Folks,

I'm going to put in an order for a reef clean-up crew from J&L. Anybody else looking for livestock who can split the shipping cost?

Let me know.

Ed

spikehs
08-08-2004, 12:07 AM
I'd be in for 6 turbos

BMW Rider
08-08-2004, 02:22 AM
I was planning to order some livestock shortly as well. I need some nassarius snails (not sure how many I should have for my 130), a couple of pepermint shrimp and a pistol shrimp to buddy up with my goby.

cag
08-08-2004, 06:47 AM
I could use some cleaner shrimp, and will they send liquid food with the order, or would that have to be seperate? I could use some of that too :cool:

Bob I
08-08-2004, 11:55 PM
I am also in need of about 20 Cerith snails, and Astreas as well.

impreza
08-09-2004, 12:19 AM
I could use some peppermint shrimp and cleaner shrimp and various snails

spikehs
08-10-2004, 02:33 PM
so hows this going to work? when do we need to place our orders by?

Delphinus
08-10-2004, 05:09 PM
I think I need some snails too, so if this is still open, I'll be adding my name to the hat.

Do I forward my wishlist to you, and you order on behalf of everyone (I think J&L prefers it that way, but don't quote me on that)? Or do we all contact them separately?

Bob I
08-10-2004, 05:21 PM
I think I need some snails too, so if this is still open, I'll be adding my name to the hat.

Do I forward my wishlist to you, and you order on behalf of everyone (I think J&L prefers it that way, but don't quote me on that)? Or do we all contact them separately?

I know when Ross did it, he put the entire order in with J&L, and paid for it with his CC. Then when we went to his house to pick it up we paid him. J&L broke up the shipping amount and put it on each person's invoice.

andestang
08-10-2004, 06:33 PM
I could use some snails, etc - just need to confirm how its going to happen

spikehs
08-10-2004, 07:48 PM
just emailed JL asking them what kind of coral selection they have plus if they are getting any in the near future. I'll post here when they get back to me.

ed99
08-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Folks,

I've been busy so only just got around to looking into this. J&L figures they'll be good for supplies on snails, crabs, etc by the end of the week. J&L only wants one order which is fair enough, and since nobody is ordering a Queen Trigger I can carry the balance. For timing I propose the weekend or some time next week. That way we can get our order in in the next couple of days and I can ensure J&L has everything by the weekend. I will then get it as quick as possible after that, though I may have to go to Houston at some stage next week.

Because of that, the number of people, and because I really need to get some more snails, etc. to help (hopefully) with a hair algae problem I will order even if J&L can not fill everybody's order completely. Hope this is acceptable. Please PM me with exact order amounts ASAP and I will follow up.

Ed

Lofus
08-10-2004, 08:10 PM
I'll be making an order in the next month or so in case you can't make this shippment.

Cheers,

Jim

EmilyB
08-10-2004, 11:20 PM
Ed,

Not quite a queen trigger, but I would be in for a couple more female bartletts anthias to add to my group if they happen to have any in when you order. :biggrin:

Give me a call if you go ahead with the order and I'll phone J&L.

Vagabond
08-11-2004, 12:43 AM
I am definately in for a peppermint shrimp or two.

The aiptasia battle continues :2gunfire:!

Let me know if you need $$ in advance, and I will make arrangements to drop off.

Cheers

EmilyB
08-11-2004, 02:27 AM
Scott if you want to drop that rock off at 9, out by 5 cleaning by a bannerfish. Seriously, you might want to snag one of those even if you have to find it a new home later. :lol:

ed99
08-11-2004, 04:07 AM
Folks,

If you want something in the order, can you give an exact number? It's better for me if I don't have to guess. Also, I'm going to stop the order list here- sorry, but any more people is just getting too much to organize. I will put the order in Friday, attempting a Sunday or Monday delivery (stock availability and my schedule permitting). I'll cover the cost until pick-up- I'm not around much in the evenings these days.

Ed

ed99
08-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Folks,

For those who have expressed interest but not yet PM'd me, please confirm your order (and exact quantities) as soon as possible. I plan to order as early as Friday.

Thanks,

Ed

cag
08-13-2004, 12:34 AM
you have 2 PM :smile: re earlier post.

ed99
08-14-2004, 01:27 AM
Update:

Unfortunately I have to go to Houston, so the new most likely date to receive the order is Fri Aug 20. I checked with J&L- stock availability should be ok but they won't promise anything until Monday. I will follow-up and keep you posted.

Ed

ed99
08-19-2004, 08:02 PM
Folks,

I have been in touch with J&L by email and they have all of our orders in stock. I have a meeting I can't get out of on Friday so I am going to have the order delivered Saturday morning. I will place the order as soon as somebody picks up the phone at J&L, so if you can't get to my place Saturday, or if you want to drop out of the order for any reason, let me know asap. I will PM my address and phone number.

Ed

ed99
08-19-2004, 09:08 PM
The order has been made with delivery on Saturday. If you want out of the order, let me know before lunch time Friday.

Ed

ed99
08-21-2004, 03:20 AM
Folks,

I'll pick up the order tomorrow around 11 or 12 and you can come pick up your stuff any time soon after. I'll PM my phone numbers and you can call and arrange a time. If you can make it early afternoon Sat that is great, but I can arrange to be at home at other times.

Ed

fentochris
09-02-2004, 02:29 AM
I would definately be in for a couple of tridacnas let me know when you are going to fentochris@hotmail.com 875-6001

Bob I
09-02-2004, 03:27 AM
The way I read the post above yours, the order has been here for 10 days. :razz: