PDA

View Full Version : F/S-F/F Long Horn Cowfish, Blue throat trigger CGY

asylumdown
04-16-2014, 11:57 PM
Looking for a new home for both my long horn cowfish Ferdinand and my blue throat trigger.

Long horn cowfish - in perfect health, tons of personality. It breaks my heart but I'm letting him go because he's just getting too big for my tank. I thought 275 gallons would be more than enough for him, but between the flow pattern in my tank, the rocks, and the corals, he's really only got one spot where he can hang out comfortably for most of the day. I'm willing to give him away for free on the condition that your tank is bigger than mine and that you quarantine your fish. He's never been exposed to ich in his life, and it would break my heart if he became a casualty to no immunity. He's approximately 9 inches from head to tail, and not done growing. He's reef safe-ish. If he's well fed (like, 2 whole manilla clams on the half shell to himself in the morning and a big meal of frozen in the evening), he generally leaves coral alone, but at 9 inches with a big mouth, even little nibbles leave a big mark. He's never outright destroyed anything, but if you have a dedicated LPS tank with an expensive collection of acans and elegance corals that you love more than life itself, he's not the fish for you. He's only ever taken a bite of one single colony of SPS (which is what my tank predominately is), and I'm pretty sure he was doing that to wear down his teeth rather than actually eating the coral. Now that I have had some corals die in an unrelated event, he prefers to gnaw on one branch of dead SPS skeleton. He accounts for 50% of the food I feed my tank, and I have 20 fish, so if you want him, be prepared to feed him.

Blue throat trigger - I tried to sell this guy a while back but couldn't catch him. I've now trained my fish to eat out of a net so I'm pretty sure I could get him out of the tank. He damaged his eye banging in to a rock while spooked a couple months ago and developed popeye that has now almost completely healed, but I think he's gone blind in that eye. He's adapted to it beautifully though. Once again I'd prefer him to go to a bigger tank than mine, or at least one that's longer (mine's only 6ft), but not sticky on it.

FishyFishy!
04-17-2014, 04:13 AM
Sorry to hear Ferdinand has to go!! Has been a spectacle amongst us reefers for a while. Hope you find him a good home adam.

asylumdown
04-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Yah I'll be sad to let him go, but I also know that I might not be able to even give him away lol. I'm happy to keep him but I'll have to re-arrange my rocks specifically for him in to not too distant future.