PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

FishingGoalie
04-15-2014, 05:27 PM
So my sand sifting goby decided he was going to make his home under my clam which lays on the sand. Could there be potential problem with this? Im worried it will injure the foot of the clam. Should i be worried?

Thanks
Hayden

monocus
04-15-2014, 06:25 PM
raise the clam up(use a bit of pvc pipe-you can heat it up and bend it to fit the clam).i lost a few corals to my sand sifters

FishingGoalie
04-15-2014, 06:48 PM
raise the clam up(use a bit of pvc pipe-you can heat it up and bend it to fit the clam).i lost a few corals to my sand sifters

Its not the sand getting dumped on it its just living directly under the clam

Magickiwi
04-15-2014, 07:19 PM
I would say it's probably not a good thing. It won't directly harm your clam but it will irritate the hell out of it and possibly cause it to deteriorate.

FishingGoalie
04-15-2014, 07:21 PM
Hmm the goby doesn't seem to stay in the same place for very long.

kien
04-15-2014, 08:15 PM
I have never had any issues with my gobies hanging out under my clams. In fact, a lot of fish like to hang out under there from time to time.

Having said that, some clams are a lot more sensitive than others and those ones will tend to close up frequently whenever they are contacted. You kinda have to just keep an eye on that. If the clam remains wide open while the goby is hanging out underneath temporarily then I wouldn't worry about it.

FishingGoalie
04-15-2014, 09:51 PM
My goby once again moved and found a different place to live. I don't know what he's doing he's had 3 homes in the last day