PDA

View Full Version : Programming return pump on my Apex controller

kole
04-15-2014, 01:14 AM
Here is my programming for my return pump.

Fallback ON
If FeedD 000 Then ON
If Sw1 OPEN Then OFF
Defer 000:03 Then OFF

I use an overflow box. So for extra safety if sw1 is open then that means there is too much water in the display tank so I want the return pump to turn off.
I don't want it to come back on until I check it and if everything is ok I activate feed d and the return pump comes on. Of course the defer is 3 seconds to account for any surface turbulence.

The switch and feed work as it is supposed to but this morning we had a power failure and when power came on the outlet didn't return to on state. When I activate feed D it came on. I want it to automatically come back on after a power failure.

Is there another line I need to add or are the lines in the wrong order?

Thanks ( See if Canreef can fix this before Reef Central) lol

whatcaneyedo
04-15-2014, 02:09 AM
I desire mine to do most of the same things as yours. I've used some different language and it works without issue.

Set ON
Min Time 006:00 Then OFF (keeps the pump from turning back on for 6 minutes if one of the switches shuts if off)
If Sw5 OPEN Then OFF (upper water level limit switch so that the tank doesn't overflow if the 'overflow' becomes blocked)
If Sw3 CLOSED Then OFF (This is a water on the floor sensor)

I think your feed program is wrong. If I wanted to use that feature to shut my return pump off for 6 minutes I would say this:

If FeedD 006 Then OFF

kole
04-15-2014, 10:10 AM
So without a fallback statement does your pump restart after an outage? I use the feed statement to turn the pump back on after sw1 is activated. After your switches are activated will the pump come back on by itself or do you have to do something?

PoonTang
04-15-2014, 10:40 AM
I think you need the set on statement.

whatcaneyedo
04-15-2014, 02:27 PM
As long as the controller has power to it and the switches haven't been triggered the pump is on. When something turns the pump off it stays off for at least 6 minutes. Too often my abalone would block the overflow and cause the tank's water level to rise too high. By having the return pump shut off for 6 minutes the abalone will leave the overflow and go back down into the tank.

My old ACIII didn't have statements like Defer and Fallback so on many of my Apex programs I haven't bothered using them although I suppose I should. Fallback is only for if your display module looses contact with the power bar. Like Poontang said, you should add 'Set ON' and then you wouldn't need to manually turn it back on.

All of this is explained quite well in the Comprehensive Users Manual which you can find on Neptune's website.

kole
04-15-2014, 10:41 PM
Thanks for your replies.

I have the manual and the new apex user guide and have read through the areas concerning these fallback and set statements. The Feed d statement is actually mentioned in the New apex user guide as a way to turn your return pump back on.
I have tried the set on statement after the fallback and what happens is when sw1 is open the pump will shut down then as soon as SW1 is closed the pump restarts.
I was trying to have the pump stay off when SW1 opens until I check the tank.
Maybe the only way to do it is to have defer statement or min statement like you have in your programming.

The SET ON statement does fix the restarting after power outage problem.