PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Reef Meet: Saturday April 19th, 1pm @Buffalo Wild Wings

kien
04-14-2014, 08:10 PM
Who: Us.
What: Calgary Reef Meet.
Where: Buffalo Wild Wings, Sunridge Mall.
2620 32nd St NE Calgary, AB
http://www.buffalowildwings.com/Locator/Detail/0387
Why: Reefing, duh.
When: Saturday April 19th, 1pm-3pm(ish).

Be there or be rectangular.

Magickiwi
04-14-2014, 09:12 PM
Can you push it back a week? :/

lastlight
04-15-2014, 12:12 AM
I know you didn't want to deter people but I'm posting to say I'll be there.

Coralgurl
04-15-2014, 01:48 AM
I'm in!

riceboy
04-15-2014, 01:58 AM
I'm in

Delphinus
04-15-2014, 03:10 AM
Aw man, I'd love to have them wings again at that place. Alas though, it will have to be the next time we meet there, I have a conflict this weekend.

Have fun!

kien
04-15-2014, 04:09 AM
Aw man, I'd love to have them wings again at that place. Alas though, it will have to be the next time we meet there, I have a conflict this weekend.

Have fun!

:-(

lastlight
04-15-2014, 05:19 AM

can't you larp on sunday? this is juicy meat man...

EmilyB
04-16-2014, 04:13 AM

To me that would be pushing it forward.....but I have to ask as well. Have to vehicle shop Saturday...:sad: soooo want those wings.

kien
04-16-2014, 04:20 AM

To me that would be pushing it forward.....but I have to ask as well. Have to vehicle shop Saturday...:sad: soooo want those wings.

The problem with moving the dates around is that it is virtually impossible to find a date that will fit everyone's schedule. There will likely always be a date that people can't attend, unfortunately. I find it easier to organize these things by simply picking a date, and if people can make it, great, if they can't, then there's always next time.

kien
04-16-2014, 04:53 AM
Also, it has been brought to my attention that this venue (Mug shotz) is an 18+ establishment. I have been informed that there may be some minors among us that have not been able to attend previous reef meets due to our choice of 18+ venues. This is something we can correct so I will be looking for an alternate family friendly venue (suggestions welcomed). Stay tuned!

Coralgurl
04-16-2014, 05:03 AM
Some place like Boston pizza may work. Their food sucks tho....

Wish we were more like Europe with our pub establishments, kids and young adults (and dogs) allowed, just no alcohol or not after a certain time.

Wherever is fine with me.

Thank you for organizing Kien!

EmilyB
04-16-2014, 05:51 AM
Oh goodness, I guess I am really getting too old for this...:lol:

kien
04-16-2014, 05:58 AM
Oh goodness, I guess I am really getting too old for this...:lol:

join the club ! :lol: ... wait, I guess you already did.

brotherd
04-17-2014, 01:14 AM
I may have to do some overtime but I'll try to make it. Would be nice to catch up with you folks.

EmilyB
04-17-2014, 01:27 AM
Lol, well Tony, Magickiwi and I are on for wings and beers at Mugshotz apparently, just not this Saturday. :mrgreen:

That's a majority at this point!! :lol:

michika
04-17-2014, 02:34 AM
Lol, well Tony, Magickiwi and I are on for wings and beers at Mugshotz apparently, just not this Saturday. :mrgreen:

That's a majority at this point!! :lol:

Add me too. Those wings at Mug Shotz are delicious.

kien
04-17-2014, 02:37 AM
for those attending this weekend's reef meet the venue has changed to Buffalo Wild Wings at Sunridge Mall. Same time, same date. Details are in the original post. See all ya'lls there!

EmilyB
04-17-2014, 04:21 AM
Okay, next weekend's reef meet is at Mugshotz, I'll be there, don't be square!

Starts late....sorry...2-4 PM. I buy the first platter of 3 kinds...get there early or Tony will make them all HOTTT.

We're a social bunch, we can do a lot of get togethers!!!

Coralgurl
04-17-2014, 04:25 AM
Okay, next weekend's reef meet is at Mugshotz, I'll be there, don't be square!

Starts late....sorry...2-4 PM. I buy the first platter of 3 kinds...get there early or Tony will make them all HOTTT.

Might be a good idea to start a new thread so it doesn't get confusing as to what's what. :biggrin: I'd love to meet up next weekend as well to try these amazing wings, but can't make it.. Change it to Sunday and I'm in.

EmilyB
04-17-2014, 04:29 AM
Might be a good idea to start a new thread so it doesn't get confusing as to what's what. :biggrin: I'd love to meet up next weekend as well to try these amazing wings, but can't make it.. Change it to Sunday and I'm in.

Nope, said what I needed to say. No worries, nothing to see here! :wink:

Insguy
04-17-2014, 05:04 AM
When you get time and place figured out. Let me know, I would like to come.

Snappy
04-17-2014, 05:52 AM
Wish I could make it but I also have conflicting plans.

kien
04-17-2014, 06:34 AM
When you get time and place figured out. Let me know, I would like to come.

We already have a time and place figured out. It's in the title of the thread and details are in the first post :-)

And yes, any further discussions about other meets should probably be moved to a new thread so that more people aren't confused :-)

Seriak
04-17-2014, 04:32 PM
Easter weekend just doesn't work for me. Maybe next meeting.

Magickiwi
04-17-2014, 05:04 PM
Easter weekend just doesn't work for me. Maybe next meeting.

Yeah what jack-wagon picked Easter weekend??

Magickiwi
04-17-2014, 05:36 PM
Yeah what jack-wagon picked Easter weekend??

BTW just kidding Kien

kien
04-17-2014, 06:56 PM
Sorry you guys can't make it :-(

Rumour has it that someone is planning another meet up for the following weekend as well. Perhaps get in touch with EmilyB/michika for details on that gathering. Two reef meets in one month. Sounds like a win-win for everyone to me :-)

Sent from my Maserati GranTurismo dashboard using Tapatalk

michika
04-17-2014, 07:46 PM
Sorry you guys can't make it :-(

Rumour has it that someone is planning another meet up for the following weekend as well. Perhaps get in touch with EmilyB/michika for details on that gathering. Two reef meets in one month. Sounds like a win-win for everyone to me :-)

Sent from my Maserati GranTurismo dashboard using Tapatalk

Who: Us.
What: Calgary Reef Meet.
Where: Buffalo Wild Wings, Sunridge Mall.
2620 32nd St NE Calgary, AB
http://www.buffalowildwings.com/Locator/Detail/0387
Why: Reefing, duh.
When: Saturday April 19th, 1pm-3pm(ish).

Be there or be triangular.

This weekend ^^^^

Next weekend, Saturday the 26th, we're getting together at Mug Shotz from 1-3ish pm. Where we will be gorging on delicious wings which may or may not be spicy depending on when Tony arrives.

Come on everyone! Get out two weekends in a row, eat wings, laugh, and make some awkward reef jokes to the waitress.

EmilyB
04-18-2014, 12:52 AM
Next weekend, Saturday the 26th, we're getting together at Mug Shotz from 1-3ish pm. Where we will be gorging on delicious wings which may or may not be spicy depending on when Tony arrives.

Come on everyone! Get out two weekends in a row, eat wings, laugh, and make some awkward reef jokes to the waitress.

Okay, okay, I'll be there at 1PM, promised I'd buy a platter since I got such a good deal on my takeout last time...:lol:

kien
04-19-2014, 02:41 AM
For those attending tomorrow's meet, I'll see if I can get there a bit earlier to grab a table. See all y'all's tomorrow.

michika
04-19-2014, 05:12 PM
Pssst people, today is Saturday!

Coralgurl
04-19-2014, 05:24 PM
see you all in a while.

michika
04-19-2014, 07:25 PM
This genius had an impromptu couch nap. Be there in a bit

Coralgurl
04-20-2014, 04:14 AM
Thanks Kien for both organizing and buying the wings! Was nice to meet a couple new (to me) people today! Happy Easter everyone!

FishingGoalie
04-20-2014, 04:16 AM
Ya thanks Kien for the wings and thanks everyone else for the drinks i had a great time and it was nice to meet all of you hopefully i can make it next weekend.

kien
04-20-2014, 05:12 AM
it was nice to see everyone today ! Even that Brett guy. He didn't seem to be as creepy as he normally is..

lastlight
04-20-2014, 07:20 AM
it was nice to see everyone today ! Even that Brett guy. He didn't seem to be as creepy as he normally is..

Stellas take the edge off :) thx again for the wings and nice seeing you guys again.