PDA

View Full Version : Help with Neptune apex Jr again!

windcoast reefs
04-09-2014, 10:14 AM
Okay so a while ago I setup apex fusion and everything was going great. But today I noticed nothing was responding online saying connection error. So I checked my display unit and it was frozen, and all the lights were on and the heater was off. So I unplugged the apex and turned it back on. The lights came on, the heater was still off, and now the display is not powering on.

I've tried to reload the firmware using the direct lan connection and static ip, but no dice. It refuses to do anything. The Web page is down, the display is down, and I can't reset it since I have zero Control.

Can anyone help? I'm pretty frustrated at this point after 2 hours of fiddling around with no luck.

I'm calling apex I the morning but I have a feeling they will have their usual service of voice mail and unanswered emails.

Aquattro
04-09-2014, 12:12 PM
I'm calling apex I the morning but I have a feeling they will have their usual service of voice mail and unanswered emails.

Really? I've had the boss email me back in 20 minutes @ 10PM on a weekend.

Also, try their support forum, way more help there than here.

reefwars
04-09-2014, 12:43 PM
I could be half asleep still bit I think there's a reset button for the display , I little one on bottom ?

reefwars
04-09-2014, 12:44 PM
It's been a while though lol

FishingGoalie
04-09-2014, 03:25 PM
I could be half asleep still bit I think there's a reset button for the display , I little one on bottom ?

I think there is one too not 100% though

windcoast reefs
04-09-2014, 04:27 PM
Really? I've had the boss email me back in 20 minutes @ 10PM on a weekend.

Also, try their support forum, way more help there than here.

Yeah I've emailed them a few times, never heard back from them.

windcoast reefs
04-09-2014, 04:28 PM

I'll check....

Seriak
04-09-2014, 05:22 PM
You can fill out a support ticket online. They usually get back to you by the following day at the latest.

windcoast reefs
04-09-2014, 08:00 PM
You can fill out a support ticket online. They usually get back to you by the following day at the latest.

Yup I did yesterday, nothing yet.

g_dawg
04-10-2014, 07:04 AM
I emailed them this morning and they replied within 2 hours
Good customer service whenever I have dealt with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

windcoast reefs
04-10-2014, 07:26 AM
Didn't hear back, Im gonna try calling tomorrow.

Aquattro
04-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Didn't hear back, Im gonna try calling tomorrow.

Maybe you're doing it wrong? :)

windcoast reefs
04-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Maybe you're doing it wrong? :)

They got back to me saying they will call tomorrow at 10. If this eventually is fixed up I think I'll be selling it, to much hassle for a unit that turns my heater on and off.

windcoast reefs
04-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Okay so after a few hours on the phone we determined that something is really wrong with it. It's stuck in bootloader mode and won't update the Web page, sometime dhcp is on, then it switches off, sometimes it flashes green, other times its solid orange, but one thing that we determined is that we never we cannot get past the firmware update.. Tried pretty much everything under the sun and haven't got anywhere.

They have been really helpful and are gonna get me to send it in and try and fix it on there end.

windcoast reefs
04-11-2014, 12:36 AM
Well it looks like im stuck with a paperweight with a few blinking lights.

After starting the repair process I noticed that I was going to be paying for shipping and customs which would be close to $100, plus a repair which has no quote until I ship it to them.

Really disappointed in this product, Ive had so many issues since I bought it, and its just over a year old.