PDA

View Full Version : What symptom did my clowns have?

Persistant
04-09-2014, 04:13 AM
I moved my clown pair from my 55 gal to the 90 gal that was finally ready for fish. The capture was stressful for me as much as them but once they settled in to the new tank they immediately started hosting my big frog spawn. They looked fine and seemed to be eating fine when I noticed a lump developing mid way on the female. A couple more started develop and then I noticed the male started to show some white lumps. At first I thought it may be ich developing but as I have seen it before and lost a couple clowns to it. This issue was different at first and the lump erupted on the female. I suspect since their system was under attack ich finally did appear as I know it. On good advice it was recommend to start treating the tank as a whole with Melafix. After 3 days the ich symptoms have disappeared and other than some marks that look like are healing the fish seem fine now. Possible that the clowns have been too aggressive in their interaction with the frog spawn and suffered injuries?

http://youtu.be/mBbwe26mzMA

Let me know if the link doesn't work as it is my 1st try at loading a Youtube video.

Persistant
04-09-2014, 04:21 AM
I just realized I should have posted my thread in the fish only forum. How do I remove it?