PDA

View Full Version : innovative marine nuvo 8

christyf5
04-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Anyone running one of these? Just picked up one of these on the weekend. Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on the media rack on it. Is the one that comes with it workable or should I be ordering something a little fancier/roomier. I was looking at this one:

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/innovative-marine-customcaddy-media-baskets

Thanks! :)

BuschWacker
04-09-2014, 12:20 AM
I have one up and running for a little over a year. I've used the original media rack the whole time. I just recently purchased that same rack from BRS, but haven't had the time to swap it out yet. Nothing really wrong with original one as long as your diligent about replacing filters. Can get the filters in a three pack all cut to size ready to go. But can also make your own which is cheaper but more time consuming. Great little tanks. Just be diligent with water changes. I let it slide last summer, with vacations and camping, etc. and ended up getting a huge outbreak of hair algae and cyano. Lost a few sps, and a bunch of nice zoas. I would invest in an ATO as well. I use a tunze nano, with a betta tank for the reservoir. Usually only have to fill it every 1.5 weeks.

christyf5
04-21-2014, 04:53 AM
Thanks for the reply. I'll try the media rack that comes with it and see how it goes. Not sure about using the filters they suggest but I guess I'll try to find some online as they're likely easier than bags of each media.

I'm currently running a 7.5 gallon tank but will do the swap over sometime in June. I bought this one mostly for the LED light (used setup was cheaper than buying a new light) but it doesn't work on my current nano. ATOs for this size of tank are definitely a necessity :)