PDA

View Full Version : $5 Canister Filter

BubblesUp
04-06-2014, 06:08 AM
I wasn't sure if my eyes were deceiving me or if it was a scam. I bought 2 on ebay anyways and just thought this might interest someone as it seems too good to be true. My Fluval just bust and flooded the hardwood floors. Nothing worse than saltwater wrecking the hardwood.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=331086755405

msjboy
04-06-2014, 06:19 AM
Let us know if it is any good when you get it.... that price of free postage is more than what would cost in shipping such a large item from anywhere.

: )

BubblesUp
04-06-2014, 06:27 AM
I realize this post is probably not appropriate here but I didn't quite know where to post it so that someone saw it. I looked at this listing and had to put my glasses on incase I was reading the price wrong. Then you've got free shipping. From everything I can tell, it is a Sunsun or Aquatop. Sure, it's a smaller model for up to 100g but it could always be a backup. $5, right! Now I've got the skimmer and powerheads moving the water but I'd prefer the filtration. I just used that stuff for cyanobacteria - the red stuff but I would have rather had carbon and filter pads cleaning out the water afterwards in addition to water changes. That's about the time the Fluval died. I'll do some kinda product review when I get mine setup.

Nicole.
04-06-2014, 06:40 AM
Probably a mistake if you look at the sold history. It says the seller's store is closed for vacation so I tried making a purchase and it wouldn't go through. I think when the seller comes back you'll just get a refund. Good find though haha.

BubblesUp
04-06-2014, 07:00 AM
Oddly that came up after I purchased. I also received 2x positive feedback already. I think if you "add to cart" it still works. Maybe this seller is just happy or there's some kinda celebration where they are. If it works out, I'm happy. I spend more on the LottoMax in a month than what I paid.