PDA

View Full Version : Doing a J&L Order

BlkWolfe
08-04-2004, 10:23 PM
Gonna be needing some Fiji rock and a few fish around the 3rd week of august

If anybody wants to go in on some fish or grab a box of rock to bring the price down a bit, drop me a line

Josh @ 780-953-5311 or blkwolfe@hotmail.com

bulletsworld
08-05-2004, 10:06 PM
Pm'd you

PrairieReefer
08-06-2004, 02:48 AM
Emailed you

Beverly
08-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Emailed you :smile:

BlkWolfe
08-13-2004, 05:32 AM
Ok, heres whats up...

Invert/Fish order looks like its going to be going ahead the first week of sept. im looking at either the 3rd or 7th. all the live critters will be shipped by J&L. Wife and I have some dealings with immigration on the 31st, and i want to keep the order a few days away in case something goes fubar as it has before :)

Live rock, ive got a friend going to vancouver on vacation at the end of the month for a couple weeks, thats agreed to bring back a few boxes in the back of his jeep. Rock can be packed in water and wrapped up for the trip back here, and no shipping, short of a couple bottles of whiskey for the dear buddy. however, his exact trip date is not set yet, when i get an exact date, ill post it up here.

everybody in for inverts has just been giving small orders, so looks like ill just pay for everything prior to shipment, then you can pay for your part of the order plus your chunk of shipping when you come to pick them up. depending on how much rock is coming, might do the same thing.

everybody thats contacted me, please do so again, names and phone numbers, addresses if you want, and a list of what your wanting, to help me keep everybodies orders straight :)

Josh

Beverly
08-13-2004, 08:29 PM
Josh,

What part of town do you live in?

BlkWolfe
08-13-2004, 09:51 PM
Hudson Park, new subdivision right behind the Home Depot on 137th ave and 127th street

BlkWolfe
08-15-2004, 05:23 AM
Bev...

can you send me another email? Didnt receive anything from you yet.

shotzee
08-15-2004, 06:46 PM
Would I be able to get some Tonga rock when you guys go and get the Figi rock? Also, I haven't hade much experience with what the density of Tonga compared to Figi rock, how many pounds would be ideal for a 15 gallon?

Rory

BlkWolfe
08-17-2004, 01:04 AM
going on what ive heard...tonga is denser than figi, but more interesting shapes

ive got about 25lbs of figi in a 20g nano, and about 90lbs in a 52g reef

but i like walls of rock with arches and holes for the fish to explore

shotzee
08-17-2004, 05:17 AM
Wow, 25 in a 20 gallon, It seems like that is a lot of rock. So does that form a wall pretty much across that entire back of the tank. I was looking to get my tank filled with rock about half to 3/4 the way up to still allow for coral grwoth. Do you figure that I would need something like 10 lbs to do that?

BlkWolfe
08-18-2004, 12:17 AM
Nother update

ive been in contact with almost everybody today i think

J&L has very few fish in stock, none of what most people want. Timing is bad for critters for a couple people. more fish are coming within about 2 weeks, plus conchs and cukes.

Im doing a critter order thats leaving J&L wednesday night (tomorrow), will be in edmonton thursday morning.

So, if im forgetting anybody or havent responded to your orders, give me call 953-5311, or if you want to sneek something in with mine

Folks were getting impatient for critters in their well cycled and well algead tank, and im grabbing a fish or two they do have. Ill be filling out the rest i need in the next order towards the middle of sept, so everybody can start planning for that one :)

thanks everybody

Josh