PDA

View Full Version : Vertex IN80 Pump problem

Wretch
04-03-2014, 02:32 PM
I have been running my IN80 for about a month and a half. It was working great to start, nice fine bubbles(was a little loud). Now after doing a water change I am getting no bubbles and it just seems water is being pushed up the skimmer(different noise now, just as loud). Took the pump apart and cleaned the impeller. There were no issues there. I dont know if I should replace the pump or buy a new skimmer as they might be close in price. Advice please. Thanks.

RSM
04-03-2014, 04:17 PM
I have a In280 and I find the white air line tube get salt creep inside and stops making bubbles. I poor hot water down the top of the grey tube and this helps keep the air tube clear.

Wretch
04-03-2014, 05:12 PM
I have a In280 and I find the white air line tube get salt creep inside and stops making bubbles. I poor hot water down the top of the grey tube and this helps keep the air tube clear.

Thanks for the info. I checked my line and it was fine but there was a tiny pebble stuck in the pvc elbow the hose connects too. Once it was removed everything is working again. Thanks for the help. My wallet thanks you as well.

RSM
04-03-2014, 05:21 PM
No Problem! I know they had issues with the first generation pumps. I had one and it blew up and almost crashed my tank. They replaced it for free and all has been good. :]