PDA

View Full Version : annoying fish

rogesue
04-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Hi Is there anybody in Calgary that can help me? I have an blue Damsel that is eating my Zoa's. I have tried everything i can think of. I am currently trying a hook and line, it takes the food off the hook but, i cant seam to hook it. I am not a fisherman by any means. I need someone with experience to come and catch this thing! Please help! Thanks!

Coral Hoarder
04-01-2014, 11:38 PM
dont feed the tank for a few days and go fishing or buidl a trap

FishingGoalie
04-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Hi Is there anybody in Calgary that can help me? I have an blue Damsel that is eating my Zoa's. I have tried everything i can think of. I am currently trying a hook and line, it takes the food off the hook but, i cant seam to hook it. I am not a fisherman by any means. I need someone with experience to come and catch this thing! Please help! Thanks!

If its still in there on sunday i may be able to help you.

rogesue
04-01-2014, 11:58 PM
I would appreciate it very much.

rogesue
04-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Hi All, Still haven't had any success catching this fish! HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP! Please. Do the traps in the fish stores even work? They are like 40 plus bucks. I don't want to pay that and find it doesn't work. Cn anybody loan me one maybe? :sad::cry:

denny_C
04-03-2014, 09:45 PM
maybe try this roger:)

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106152

denny_C
04-03-2014, 09:46 PM
easiest way to catch any fish is to simply drain your tank down to the last inch or two of water then simply scoop or net him up. be careful he doesnt hide in a rock whie you drain or other fish as well:)

can be drained in 15mins and filled within 15mins:)

regent2009
04-03-2014, 09:59 PM
drain half of ur tank water, turn off power head /return, pump wait for 40 minutes. check if the damsel looks slow to respond. if yes net them asap. that's what I did last time when I ewas doing epoxy the frags in the tank, saw them laying on the sandbed. mayb the epoxy effects?

mark
04-03-2014, 10:48 PM
know they can be a pita but never knew they would eat zoas