PDA

View Full Version : Parting out a large colony

StirCrazy
08-04-2004, 02:55 AM
well I am breaking up a large milli as it is starting to overtake my tank.

this is a pic of a portion of it
http://members.shaw.ca/crystalk/algae15.jpg

I am open to offers and requests on the size of chunk you want ranging from a frag to a small to medium colony. its size is aprox 12" x 14" and I will be keeping a 5X5 chunk for myself. Jamie also has a chunk of this he got off me in his tank... but for some reason it has a more intense purple color in his than it has in mine :neutral:

Steve

roverT
08-04-2004, 03:00 AM
Hey, Steve how much do you want for a approx. 3"x3" chunk?

Dazz
08-04-2004, 04:00 PM
How much for a 2x2?

kris_willard
08-05-2004, 05:16 AM
1x1 forthe nano?

StirCrazy
08-05-2004, 09:37 PM
shipping is going to be hard thing, I think to vancouver will be fine if I send it later afternoon early evening but farther than that and I think it would be to hot for the frag to survive. I could possably save some frags and ship them when it cools down in a month or two.

as for costs I thought about it and came up with
1.5" frag, unmounted, $10.
Small colony, $25 & up.
so for example a 3x3 colony would come in about $35.
Bigger than that I would have to take a request and see what I can come up with when I frag it.

for all the people that PM'ed me I am camping right now and on monday I will start replying. I will do the frags in the order I recived PM's to be fair.

I will most likely break it up next weekend as to much has come up for me to do it this weekend (as my kid made me promis her we would go camping when I got home :mrgreen: )

Steve

StirCrazy
08-05-2004, 10:39 PM
well after looking at my tank today as I finnished hooking up the chiller I decided to throw some more frags out for sale

here is the road map (#6 is the milli I am fragging)
http://members.shaw.ca/crystalk/sale/sale.jpg

I have 3 or 4 (number 3 and not showen) brown caps (blue polyps) that are 1.5" x 1.5" or bigger for 15.00 each. one bigger one (number 4) for 20.00 and a bigger one (number 2) for 35.00

http://members.shaw.ca/crystalk/sale/caps.jpg

I have a large one Background of above pic)I think over 6X6 encrusted to a rock and a nice shape for 55.00 and one that is multi teired and a little smaller for 45.00 (number 1 on map pic and forground of cap pic ) (this one might have a bit of the green cap encrusted on it depending on how it breaks and it might be a little more money if it is encrusted to the large mushroom rock under its rock. you'll have to view this one to understand)

for the Caps depending which ones are sold (of the bigger ones) I will be keeping one for my self

also depending on if the cap is attached to it or not a large chunk of rock that is covered with red muchrooms

and another rock that is loaded with both red muchrooms and also ones with green spots and lines (number 7)
and close ups

http://members.shaw.ca/crystalk/sale/bird.jpg

and I still have a bunch of birdsnest frags. 15.00 to 20.00 depending on size as they might be growing back togeather now :rolleyes:

if you are interested in a few let me know and we can probably work a deal on 3 or more frags.

Steve

Islander
08-06-2004, 12:27 AM
hey Steve, count me in for a small frag of the milli.

StirCrazy
08-08-2004, 09:21 PM
is there anyone local that has monday or tuesday off and can come by in the morning?

Steve

roverT
08-09-2004, 12:45 AM
nope, sorry any time after 5:00pm all week is good for me.

Islander
08-09-2004, 01:04 AM
Sorry Steve, after 5pm works for me too.

JohnM99
08-11-2004, 02:25 AM
How about Thurs or Fri after 5, or anytime Saturday?

StirCrazy
08-28-2004, 04:26 PM
OK, sorry for being away for a bit here but I wanted to make a post so everyone knows whats going on. due to an influx of family from out of Provence I have not been able to take the tank apart to break up the Milli yet. Also if trying to figure out why I am not getting PM notifications I have inadvertently deleted my whole PM list :rolleyes:

So.. anyone who was interested in frags PM me again with what you wanted and details. the small cap frags and birds-nest frags can be ready for pick up with in the next couple days, the Milli I am looking at about a week yet for bigger chunks, could do small unmounted frags sooner. also if there is interest from Vancouver I may be able to come over on the bike one day but I am still looking into that to see if I can bring back VHO tubes on a motorcycle :mrgreen:

Steve

StirCrazy
09-03-2004, 02:51 AM
for any of the locals that just want frags, I am off work until the 8th so you can stop by and I will cut the frags while you are here. just PM me to arrange a time.

as for the PMed me from Vancouver I am doubtful that I will be able to get over there this week now as I have to be around to sell the Father in law's car for him :sad: maybe if some one is coming to the Island or vise versa you could arrange something.

Steve

dentin
09-06-2004, 05:39 PM
Hi Steve,
Been away on holidays also, and just going over all posts. Have you anything left? I am in Victoria
Thanks,

StirCrazy
09-06-2004, 08:59 PM
Hi Steve,
Been away on holidays also, and just going over all posts. Have you anything left? I am in Victoria
Thanks,

yup I have a bit of everything left. PM me to arage a time to come over and see it.

Steve

StirCrazy
09-11-2004, 02:29 AM
well, the large Brown/blue Cap is now gone along with the red mushroom rock under it.

Still have the other large Brown/blue Cap, smaller ones also, the large Milli frags and mushrooms of a couple different types. Right now I am available for local people to set up a time to stop by, and I will not ship at this time. People in Vancouver I am still trying to get a day when I can get over there so when I know I will PM you back and make arrangements. maybe send me a reminder of what you guys in Vancouver were looking for.

Steve

StirCrazy
09-28-2004, 02:58 AM
Ok did a bit of breaking up and have about 5 frags available of the blue Milli, a couple larger ones and a few medium ones.

also still have some cap left and some pink birds nest.

Steve

StirCrazy
09-28-2004, 03:04 AM
If there is enough interest I will conceder shipping but it would be by airline only and I would have to check into it as for cost. I have a couple large fish boxes so if there was a group interest they should be shipped in one shot. as for single frags I am not sure how I could ship those safely as of yet.

Steve

Aquattro
09-28-2004, 03:23 AM
Steve, maybe send them to the meeting in three weeks....

ree-fready
09-28-2004, 04:31 AM
If it comes over to the meet. in a few weeks I wouldn`t mind some blue milli.

StirCrazy
09-28-2004, 12:49 PM
Steve, maybe send them to the meeting in three weeks....

I have told a couple people that what I will try do, problem is I am not able to go so I would have to find some one to take care of it for me.

Steve

Werbo
09-28-2004, 04:23 PM
I'd be interesed in some mushrooms and possible some other depnding on the size.
Tyler

StirCrazy
09-28-2004, 10:19 PM
I'd be interesed in some mushrooms and possible some other depnding on the size.
Tyler

I have a small cluster of mushrooms and a single floressent red one that are very easy to get right now. also a bunch of other frags of SPS. we can set up a time for you to come over a look if you want.

Steve

Werbo
09-29-2004, 10:44 PM
check you pm's

Werbo
10-06-2004, 05:31 PM
Still waiting to hear back from you.
email works best

StirCrazy
10-07-2004, 12:33 AM
Still waiting to hear back from you.
email works best

sorry just got your PM and sent you one back.. for some reason my notification isn't working on this computer...

Steve