PDA

View Full Version : Court Jester (Rainford) Goby not eating

Kyton66
03-31-2014, 04:25 AM
Hi,
Well, I've tried feeding a Court Jester goby but without luck.
I've had the fish for over a month and it is just getting skinnier. I tried frozen cyclopese again tonight, it sucked one in, spit it out and didn't eat another. Frozen Mysis shrimp and brine shrimp are also not being accepted. As far as I can tell it is sifting the sand which really doesn't have much life in it. I've left algae on the glass which it is pecking at. I put in a piece of Cheato algae with amphipods on it in the tank, so hopefully the goby will get a few snacks. I've removed the other fish from the small tank so no competitors for pods. Also I've been trying to buy freshwater aquatic black California worms and even called the farm, but they won't be shipping for many weeks. Anyway I hope someone can offer advice on how to care for this hungry little guy.

Thanks

lastlight
03-31-2014, 05:43 AM
my new pair are enjoying the 1mm NLS pellets. might be worth a shot.

Kyton66
03-31-2014, 03:05 PM
Thank you - I'll give that a try :biggrin:

lastlight
03-31-2014, 03:11 PM
Sorry I meant the 0.5mm pellets. these guys are pretty tiny...

Myka
04-01-2014, 02:58 AM
Many Rainford's Gobies will not accept prepared foods. What size is your tank? Has he been in quarantine long enough to be fairly certain he's not carrying disease? If so, I would put him in the display tank sooner rather than later.

Nicole.
04-01-2014, 10:04 PM
I've had one for about a month too. I don't see it eating any food I put in. It seems to prefer the small tufts of algae. Mine isn't getting skinnier though so hopefully it does have enough of a food source.

Kyton66
04-02-2014, 04:47 AM
I bought some brine shrimp cysts today so will give that a shot. I'll feed the newly hatched ones first to see if they are accepted, and if so, grow out more.