PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever ordered from flexpvc.com ?

FishyFishy!
03-30-2014, 11:12 PM
Looking for some odd plumbing parts. All of which www.flexpvc.com has for good prices. Has anyone ever ordered from these guys? How was your experience?

Only thing im worried about is that they ship with UPS.... and after waiting for 3 weeks for my BRS order (still havent got it) From UPS...kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.

Jakegr
03-30-2014, 11:17 PM
Looking for some odd plumbing parts. All of which www.flexpvc.com has for good prices. Has anyone ever ordered from these guys? How was your experience?

Only thing im worried about is that they ship with UPS.... and after waiting for 3 weeks for my BRS order (still havent got it) From UPS...kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'd look for a local option and order from them. The shipping/customs fees from Flex PVC add a lot to the cost (I have ordered from them before). Southern Drip Irrigation is fantastic, they have pretty much everything. There is one in Lethbridge.

cav~firez22
03-31-2014, 01:00 AM
I'd look for a local option and order from them. The shipping/customs fees from Flex PVC add a lot to the cost (I have ordered from them before). Southern Drip Irrigation is fantastic, they have pretty much everything. There is one in Lethbridge.

With 90% of what they sell being made in the USA, you should not have Duties/Customs Fees. if you did, either UPS screwed you, or Flexpvc did not send documents stating that the product is made in North America.

Shipping on the otherhand, YEs that wil be high.

theokie
03-31-2014, 01:22 AM
They only ship UPS for Canadian orders so you get hit with the high shipping charges and then the 50+ dollar brokerage fee from UPS as well.

Last time I ordered it was several hundreds of dollars in fittings so it made sense to order from them.

I'm currently looking for a few oddball manifolds and wyes for my 200 gallon build, and have been directed towards a few spa and pool companies up here. Prices are a bit higher and it doesn't seem like one company has as diverse a selection as flexpvc but even placing orders from two companies I will still come out ahead in the end.

randallino
03-31-2014, 01:44 AM
Fabco Plastics in Edmonton will probably have it!
http://www.fabcoplastics.com/

darb
03-31-2014, 03:04 AM
I ordered off of them in the past and they shipped via USPS by request; I was in no hurry.

UPS sucks all around.

albert_dao
03-31-2014, 04:18 AM
Yup, always request USPS. I made a mistake of not specifying that before and got surprised with a nice $45 Customs surcharge.

trilinearmipmap
03-31-2014, 05:00 AM
I ordered from them in December, requested shipping by US Postal Service, shipping was $32.33 on a $100 order, I would order from them again.

lastlight
03-31-2014, 05:45 AM
i can't recall if I paid duty etc on my order of black flex pvc a few years ago. i was happy with the service and product tho.

FishyFishy!
03-31-2014, 01:13 PM
I'm going to e-mail them today and ask about using USPS instead of UPS. See what they say. If they do, I will probably just put in a huge order or regular stuff too.

theokie
03-31-2014, 05:30 PM
I'm definitely going to have to revisit ordering from them if they will ship USPS, as getting some of the wyes and manifolds I was looking for in another post were going to be over 100 bucks from a local spa company, only 40 plus shipping from Flex.

Now my evil mad scientist plumbing genius side is taking over, oh the possibilities

mark
03-31-2014, 07:44 PM
I clicked on the link as well, lot of interesting pieces

ronau
03-31-2014, 10:10 PM
They've always shipped to me through USPS, all I've had to pay when it lands is GST and a handling charge ($9.95 on $289 order).

Jakegr
04-01-2014, 12:43 AM
I think $30 on a $100 order is a lot. I just order from Southern Drip now and they have every fitting imaginable. I used to be under the impression it was hard to find fittings in Canada, but it really isn't if you know where to look, so I don't see the point in ordering from the US.

Myka
04-01-2014, 02:48 AM
Get them to ship via USPS and ask them to make sure the commercial invoice states that the products are made in the USA. You should not get duties (or associated brokerage) charges.

monza
04-01-2014, 01:39 PM
I ordered off of them in the past and they shipped via USPS by request; I was in no hurry.

UPS sucks all around.

lastlight
04-01-2014, 03:59 PM
make sure the commercial invoice states that the products are made in the USA.

they should have no problem with that lol.

wow: http://flexpvc.com/MadeInTheUSAFlexPVCPipe.shtml