PDA

View Full Version : help with profilx diy led

iceman86
03-29-2014, 02:39 PM
Im trying to hook up my diy led lights to my profilux controller with an EVG-AP-2F. I got it all wired up but it wont dim. It will either turn on or off and when its on the intensity is probably at 30% but on my controller its saying it 100%

my drivers are dimmable maxwellen. I was using a potentiometer to adjust the intensity before.

Also not sure if it matter but when i check the voltage coming out of the dimming part of the EVG-AP-2F it reads 20 volts but if i wire the dimming wires directly to each other without using the EVG-AP-2F i get 100% intensity on my lights which leads me to believe the the EVG-AP-2F is wired properly, but something isnt letting me do what i need.

iceman86
03-29-2014, 03:22 PM
Figured it out. Maxwellen dont use pwm so I need to get new drivers :sad:

The Grizz
03-30-2014, 04:17 AM
I used the Invertronics Drivers for my large LED build but I was sure there was also Meanwell drivers that would have worked as well.

iceman86
03-30-2014, 04:31 PM
I used the Invertronics Drivers for my large LED build but I was sure there was also Meanwell drivers that would have worked as well.

Yes thats correct. certain meanwells work too, I still used the evg chip and set the lights on timers like I had before but at least the profilux controls it now instead of a bunch of single timers everywhere. I have to add some more colours to my leds so when I do that ill just change out the drivers too