PDA

View Full Version : Which retailers quarantine fish?

clowny
03-27-2014, 02:57 PM
I am wondering which retailers quarantine or are willing to quarantine for a customer?

corpusse
03-27-2014, 03:20 PM
I would say none but there are a couple that maybe would do it, however I don't see how they could possibly make any money unless they charged 3x retail for the fish.

If you're talking proper qt it could be 2-3 months before they can add anything else depending on what the fish has, the cost of medication water food ect. Also the losses they'd incur vs the fish that sell the hour / day / week they arrive.

Simons
03-27-2014, 03:28 PM
my understanding is Concept quarantines new arrivals for 2 weeks. At least that is what I have been told.

mark
03-27-2014, 03:43 PM
Quite a few places set aside new arrivals for a couple of weeks before placing up For Sale. Technically could be called a quarantine but not really what believe a reefer is thinking of establishing for new stock.

Coral Hoarder
03-27-2014, 04:53 PM
ocanick corals in aldergrove does

clowny
03-27-2014, 09:32 PM
Just to clarify I was talking about the holding tanks to ensure they are healthy and are showing no signs of disease.

Myka
03-28-2014, 12:15 AM
Live Aquaria for the Diver's Den. They don't ship to Canada though, and yes they charge a premium for the fish on the Diver's Den.

There is a big difference between a proper quarantine and simply just holding the fish for observation for a week or two before offering up for sale. There are some LFS that hold the fish for a week or two.