PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer Troubles

AchillesTangBeauty
03-27-2014, 05:30 AM
I just recently purchased a Bubble King SM300 Protein Skimmer.. & I'm having some issues!!

When I get the level of the bubbles to the height I want them at.. Millions upon millions of micro bubbles spew like crazy from the output AND & from around the seal where the body & base plate meet..

Am I doing something wrong in the tuning process? Any tips or advice?

Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apexifd
03-27-2014, 05:53 AM
water height?

where is the bubble height?

both pumps running?

AchillesTangBeauty
03-27-2014, 06:41 AM
Both pumps running, water height is 9.25" trying to keep the bubbles a quarter the into the cup. But it's spewing micro bubbles out of it.

apexifd
03-27-2014, 06:42 AM
drop water height to 8" first.

AchillesTangBeauty
03-27-2014, 06:44 AM
Okay. Will do that in the morning. But I don't see how that's going to stop the micro bubbles from spewing out from between the Body & base plate..

hillegom
03-27-2014, 07:39 AM
Can u send a pic?
body and base plate. Are they removable or supposed to be glued. If removable, is there an O ring supposed to be there? or another type of gasket?
Sorry I don't have one of these, but I am sure bubbles should not be escaping from there

BlueTang<3
03-27-2014, 12:20 PM
I got one of these skimmers, start with the outlet full open, seems to me if ur having bubble issues you didn't attach the Venturi hose or ozone hoses correctly. Maybe didn't tune the Venturi, turn it in all the way then one complete turn out to line the dots up.