PDA

View Full Version : Corky Finger Gorg slowly dying...

nerdz
03-27-2014, 03:18 AM
It was doing fine and had grown a ton for me. The past few weeks or months even, (time flies, ha ha!), its been slowly dying. The polyps never fully extend anymore and the the branches are receding to it's woody-skeleton base.

Everything else seems happy enough in the tank. The kicker is an frag from this colony is doing great on the other side of the tank.

Any suggestions? I don't know much about gorgs except the other 4 varieties are doing well.

It would be a pity to lose this gorg as its the biggest thing in my tank

reefwars
03-27-2014, 03:26 AM
It was doing fine and had grown a ton for me. The past few weeks or months even, (time flies, ha ha!), its been slowly dying. The polyps never fully extend anymore and the the branches are receding to it's woody-skeleton base.

Everything else seems happy enough in the tank. The kicker is an frag from this colony is doing great on the other side of the tank.

Any suggestions? I don't know much about gorgs except the other 4 varieties are doing well.

It would be a pity to lose this gorg as its the biggest thing in my tank

You need to frag it or it may not heal , cut the exposed stem off and leave just a few mm and then glue it to a plug ,give one to a friend for insurance it's a pretty hardy gorg.

Anything recent change with your system assuming all water is on par and fish are well behaved?

nerdz
03-27-2014, 03:50 AM
You need to frag it or it may not heal , cut the exposed stem off and leave just a few mm and then glue it to a plug ,give one to a friend for insurance it's a pretty hardy gorg.

Anything recent change with your system assuming all water is on par and fish are well behaved?

No new fish, (2 clowns that stick to their RBTA, 1 Pajama Cardinal and a 6-line). System hasn't changed that I know of.

So how would I frag it? The base of the branches are intact with the outer tips dead. I get gluing the base to a plug, but what about the exposed edge on branch? Would I goop this with crazy glue too?

Thanks again

reefwars
03-27-2014, 04:17 AM
If its just the outer edges than just cut back into the flash a bit and you may be fine if it's the middle of the skeleton you'll have to cut it off completely

jason604
03-27-2014, 04:44 AM
frag and bump up the target feeding for it or try a revive dip

reefan
03-29-2014, 10:53 PM
Maybe change the location of the coral.

sumpfinfishe
04-04-2014, 04:18 AM
Iodine level could be low?