PDA

View Full Version : lf trusted LFS

Cujo#31
03-26-2014, 05:45 PM
Other than King Ed and J&L what is out there folks. Sorry if I posted in wrong spot.:redface:

duncangweller
03-26-2014, 06:14 PM
There is pet superstore in Surrey/Langley as well. Also there is a shop on the bypass/192 in Langley. As to what they carry and whether they can be trusted that is up to you, I know some wouldn't go bear those places and some visit regularly.

I've spent a lot of money at J&L and there is only one girl in the fish room that ever smiles at me or gives me the time of day, but quite often its the only place to get what I need. I'm not saying that by spending money I deserve special treatment, but I'm not a bad bloke so the odd smile or a hello every now and then wouldn't go amiss.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

jay2x
03-26-2014, 06:52 PM
I've been to Pacific Aquatics and Roger's Aquatics.

I've also been to Jl and King's Ed

All of these fish store need to work on their customer service skills. In JL I love the fish room people. The cashier and the manager...has attitude problem.

toytech
03-26-2014, 07:59 PM
oceanic corals on the fraiser highway has a lot of good high end stuff as well as more basic , the owner paul is a great guy to deal with .

chutsk10
03-26-2014, 09:43 PM
I have found that JL is the best place for fish/corals. They will also likely order in items on request. Depending on how busy they are it's sometimes hard to get attention in the fish room but if they slow I find the service is good. Oceanic corals on Fraser Highway also has some "high end" corals but they come with more of a price tag.

In either case, it totally depends on when you get there relative to their livestock shipments. Some weeks I go and find several pieces I like, others I leave empty handed.

Stores like King Ed's, Rogers, Pauls and Aquariums West are better for supplies I think (although I prefer the selection at JL). You might find an odd livestock gem in there from time to time but expect to leave empty handed more times than not.

Note: If we are talking freshwater Aquariums West, Rogers and King Ed's have great livestock/plant selection.

Edit: I also tend to find the better pieces through the users here. If you monitor the forum daily you might be fast enough to snag up a few lol.

Cujo#31
03-27-2014, 03:17 AM
There is pet superstore in Surrey/Langley as well. Also there is a shop on the bypass/192 in Langley. As to what they carry and whether they can be trusted that is up to you, I know some wouldn't go bear those places and some visit regularly.

I've spent a lot of money at J&L and there is only one girl in the fish room that ever smiles at me or gives me the time of day, but quite often its the only place to get what I need. I'm not saying that by spending money I deserve special treatment, but I'm not a bad bloke so the odd smile or a hello every now and then wouldn't go amiss.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I hear u dude. I dont care if im in there spending $20.00 or $2000.00, I worked my ass off for that money and I have chosen to come and spend it here....

Cujo#31
03-27-2014, 03:51 AM
Edit: I also tend to find the better pieces through the users here. If you monitor the forum daily you might be fast enough to snag up a few lol.[/QUOTE]

Yes, most hearily agreed. There is some excellent stock available on this site, and some really nice, kick ass people to be found here too. It's nice to link up with so many like - minded souls too. Somehow I dont feel so odd about my obsession....LMAO

Thiedeke
03-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Do not waste your gas or your time with Pacific Aquatics. My wife used to work right there and I would frequently take a walk around the store and end up walking out disgusted every time telling myself that I would never come back. They do not care about the livestock and boy it shows. The water quality in there is appalling.

jason604
03-27-2014, 03:15 PM
I always find everything I need at JL plus the girl that works there with purple hair is hot! Lol. As for corals I find they are much much nicer and cheaper from fellow reefers on this forum.

Coral Hoarder
03-27-2014, 05:32 PM
jl has always been good to me and every thing looks and is healthy

king eds has same nice staff just need to get to know them there fish look good most of the time as do the corals with the exeption of when theres zoa
pests you can dip off

realy dont like rogers aquatic almost all of the staf dont care about the store and there answers for my questions almost always involve buying something
pet land langly has some good staf and one that realy pushe my butons mike and kevin are great but mikes son who also works there laughs at when my mom makes a basick question or will make fun of her behind her back with his gf. the times that has hapend i took every opportunity to corect him and make him look bad as he realy upset me i always call ahead and ask whos in the fish room befor i go now and thats not something i should have to do

oceanic seems great but im not there alot the times iv been there its been nice

belzebuth
03-27-2014, 06:14 PM
I have received nothing but outstanding customer service at J & L, they provided sound information and definitely went the extra mile to assist with our major tank crisis(tank leak).

The prices are great and the store is well organized, my head spins when i go to king ed too much stuff all over the place.

jason604
03-27-2014, 06:57 PM
I agree with king Ed being WAYYYY too messy. And each time I ask the staff if certain fish are reef safe or not they get rly confused n guess. And each time I call in to ask for a price of a certain item they never give it to me n tells me to come in and look myself. JL staff is super friendly n always go above n beyond to help.

chutsk10
03-27-2014, 07:05 PM
z
pet land langly has some good staf

Does the Langley Petland have a Salt Water section? The South Surrey location is freshwater only.

Coral Hoarder
03-27-2014, 07:23 PM
yea its new

chutsk10
03-27-2014, 10:06 PM
How is the selection?

Coral Hoarder
03-27-2014, 10:41 PM
eh ok for fish but they dont seem to have many corals and most of the staff doesnt know aabout corals so half of them die upside down lol