PDA

View Full Version : Ghl doser screen problem

dawen
03-23-2014, 02:31 AM
I purchased a ghl 3 pumps stand alone doser from one of member from canreef, the screen has dead pixels which the seller never tell me about, so it's nearly impossible to program the thing, anyone have idea where I can get a replacement screen for repair or how to repair it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryanerickson
03-23-2014, 03:39 AM
I had to replace my screen direct from ghl my buddy had to also

dawen
03-23-2014, 04:32 AM
I had to replace my screen direct from ghl my buddy had to also

Do you send in the doser to ghl, I just got a replied back from ghl saying $79 for the screen replacement, I read on internet is fairly easy to replace just open the unit and unplug old screen and replace, I just want to know if I can get a replacement screen in Canada instead directly from ghl

BlueTang<3
03-23-2014, 04:34 AM
Check with aqua digital, he is the canadian distrbuitor for ghl, he will help you out he's the best!

jimbo222
03-23-2014, 04:54 AM
Yes contact Aqua digital they have great service., I got my screen from them and its an Easy replacement.

spit.fire
03-23-2014, 05:02 AM
Yes contact Aqua digital they have great service., I got my screen from them and its an Easy replacement.
ya takes about 10 minutes to replace (most of that 10 minutes is spent trying to figure out how to get the clips off)

mark
03-23-2014, 12:34 PM
looks like a youtube video needed

Ryanerickson
03-23-2014, 03:11 PM
Yeah clips are the only tough part pretty sure it was aqua digital I got it from they were out of them at the time took like 2 months but got it in the end and sold it was not happy only used it for 4 months stored it for a yeaR in a dry place in a box when I took it out to use screen was dead.

Rice Reef
03-23-2014, 04:58 PM
Had one Ghl screen replaced last yr and looks like my second doser will need a new screen as well. Was not used for seven months and lent it to another reefer only to find out that the screen is pixelated and needs replacing. Anyone knows why this happens?

Ryanerickson
03-23-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm going with cheap screens everyone I know that owns one has replaced the screen and 0 were covered by ghl I never will buy ghl again other reef related companies have replaced parts for me after warranty if it's from ware and tare then I understand but random electronics just slowly stopping working should be covered I did nothing to cause it.

Ryan_Lap
03-23-2014, 08:53 PM
Im in the same situation. Once again it was stored a dry place and packed exceptionally. Just plugged in my doser after having it offline for a year or so and I cant read the screen. I was hoping to get it running this weekend. Ive contacted GHL and Aqua digital. Hopefully something can be done. I dont expect a 'Top of the line" product like this to need repair so soon.

Ryanerickson
03-23-2014, 09:17 PM
That's what I thought good luck

kaboom
03-23-2014, 09:32 PM
I bought one 6 years ago, screen was good for 2yrs, stored the unit for a year, turned it on and it was missing a few pixels. Still readable but the pixels seems to come and go. Otherwise the unit is very reliable so are the pumps.

don.ald
03-24-2014, 12:00 AM
My screen lasted about one year on my stand alone before it started to break down. Already had other repairs...pump failure. Service from aqua digital was exceptional though.
Finally Sold the unit "as is"

dawen
03-25-2014, 02:48 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys, I email aqua digital already Michael was very helpful

lastlight
03-25-2014, 05:11 AM
this is ridiculous my screen on mine died after i sold it from my 400g system. felt bad as it now belongs to my best friend. this is so common it should almost be covered...

Ryanerickson
03-25-2014, 03:34 PM
Yep like I said everyone I know that has one has had to replace the screen I did like the unit but would never by ghl again.

reeferfulton
03-25-2014, 07:57 PM
Hmm . Wonder if this is the same type of screen on the mitras .

Guess these doser's are not without there faults either

dawen
04-05-2014, 03:23 AM
Got the screen from aqua digital was easy to install thanks guys