PDA

View Full Version : Some of my other fish

Trevor W
03-22-2014, 01:48 AM
This tank is a mixed tank of wild and domestic discus. The wild fish are from the Rio Xingu river in South America. The domestics were from a pair that formed in a mixed group of adult domestic fish. The pair was not one that should have formed due to one being a pigeon blood and the other being a non-pigeon blood. Normally you do not pair pigeon bloods with non pigeon bloods due to the large amount of black spotting (peppering) that forms when this is done. Due to this pair not being an ideal pair and the resulting fish being unsellable. I decided to leave the fry in the tank of mixed adults. To my surprise some of the fry survived. When my son was born I sold off all my adults and kept the small group of survivors. They have since done amazingly well and for not having the proper care that discus demand they turned out fairly well.

Normally I would not mix my domestics and wilds however the wilds after qt were still very shy and very slow at adapting to captivity. I decided to throw in my group of survivor mutts, and the results were just as I expected. Within a day the wilds were eating from my hands and greeting me at the front of the tank begging for food just like my mutts do.

Feel free to checkout my youtube channel for some crappy cellphone videos of my fish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFooMnjUo_o

dino
03-22-2014, 05:50 AM
What strain are the domestic?

Trevor W
03-22-2014, 06:32 AM
What strain are the domestic?
The male was a Blue Diamond and the female was a Pigeon Blood