PDA

View Full Version : Pressure rated pumps

riceboy
03-18-2014, 04:05 AM
Hey guys was just wondering where and what would be a good pump to pump water to my main tank has about 14' of head and would like to get 500 gph in the main tank. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I heard the blueline hd70 are good anyone have experience?

Thanks

Victor

mike31154
03-18-2014, 02:50 PM
Looks identical to the Panworld NH-150PS I have sitting in the basement for my next build with sump. I've only run it a few minutes, so really can't speak from many hours of experience, but I did purchase it on the basis of reading good things about them with respect to quality & longevity on the interweb. I believe they are designed by a former Iwaki engineer, so should be comparable to those pumps as well.

Also have a Poseidon PS4 as a possible backup. This pump is much smaller & reportedly very quiet, but runs hot & adds heat to your tank. Probably hard to find these days. Other versions of that are called Velocity T4-S4. Not pressure rated pump & less flow than the Blueline/Panworld, but should give you close to the gph you need at your head pressure.

riceboy
03-18-2014, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the reply do you know of any high pressure pump that would have parts readily available so I wouldn't have to buy 2 pumps one as a back up lol. I was looking at the snapper but don't think I will do the job.

mike31154
03-18-2014, 09:10 PM
Don't really have any experience with return pump failures since my current system is sumpless. 0 knowledge or experience with Snapper. Best to pick the minds of those that have run pumps a few years. Having said that, the Blueline, Panworld, Iwaki series have been around for some time & should be well supported as user replaceable parts go. Pumps are generally pretty simple, motor, impeller, volute. If the motor goes south, chances are you ain't fixin' it. A bearing maybe, but that would be getting into more difficult to source parts & special tools to replace. Never hurts to have a backup pump, since once your main one is down, unless you have spare parts laying around, it could be a while until you're back up & running. My plan was to use the Panworld in the summer & the Poseidon in the winter, since the sump will be in the uninsulated basement & the extra heat added by the Poseidon would save some watts & $$s in less heater running time.

RDNanoGuy
03-19-2014, 03:14 AM
Hey Victor your new setup is very similar to mine. I'm running two GenX pcx-40's side by side for a total flow rate of about 1100 gph on my 165g. I think the blueline equivalent is an hd55. The genX, blueline, and panworld pumps are exactly the same pumps just a different color. You are more than welcome to come take a look at mine if you want. :)

riceboy
03-19-2014, 06:19 PM
thanks man i'll have to take you up on that. are your still in Mackenzie town?

FishyFishy!
03-19-2014, 08:29 PM
I was getting good flow with my Mag24 at about 14' head. Rated at about 2400 GPH and I'd say i was getting 700 GPH at 14'. Pressure rated to 22' head. Cheap, and also easy to find.

RDNanoGuy
03-20-2014, 10:48 AM
Yeah Victor I'm still in Mckenzie. I'll be around this weekend if you wanna check it out.

riceboy
03-21-2014, 04:23 AM
Well problem solved. Changed the size of pipe going all the way to the tank to 1.5" and that solved everything. Didn't realize .75" to 1.5" would make that much of a difference lol.