PDA

View Full Version : Peppermint shrimp, need a couple

Drfu
03-17-2014, 04:32 PM
I have a small outbreak in both of my tanks of Aiptasia anemone, do you know which lfs in Calgary sells the real ones, not Camelbacks? I have read that only the true peppermint will eat them!

Also how compatible are they with the following:
Sexy Anemone shrimp?.......they are quite small and might not like having another shrimp in their home (tank is 8 gallons and has two sexy's & two small o clowns).
Skittish Hi Fin Goby/pistol shrimp pair (15 gallon, no other livestock)

Both are reefs and i have also read that they steel food from corals, can irritate them quite bad or is this not the norm but the exception?

Thanks

lastlight
03-17-2014, 04:36 PM
coralmaster has them as does ocean city.

kien
03-17-2014, 08:34 PM
I purchased a bunch from oceans over the weekend. They had lots left.

Drfu
03-18-2014, 06:13 AM

Cool, how much? And are the actual peppermint ones?

Kraken
03-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Make sure you get some bigger ones cause small ones will get eaten by fish like wrasses and hawkfish.

Drfu
03-18-2014, 02:42 PM
Make sure you get some bigger ones cause small ones will get eaten by fish like wrasses and hawkfish.

Good tip, i only have Sexy Anemone pair & clownfish pair, thx

Drfu
03-19-2014, 11:52 PM

Picked up two pairs for both of my tanks yesterday, thanks Kein for the tip! dripped them for 1 1/2 hours and let them loose, this am in my larger 15g nano, both aptasia were gone! In my smaller 8g nano the small anemone was gone but the larger one remains, hope they find/eat it!

I think they ate cool to have, keepers for sure! My sexy shrimp in my Nuvo 8 are still there so they didnt be ome lunch for the peppermints and are out and about so i guess all is fine that way. My juvilelile clown pair dint lime sharing their tank with my new additions as they ate sticking to the corner for now. They might be too big for my 8g but knce the clowns grow up they will be moved anyways to my 15 g column anyways.

Thanks all for the tips/advice!

lastlight
03-20-2014, 04:01 AM
I loved mine until they started eating my acans. Watch them I guess... make sure they get some food every now and then along with the fish.

rogesue
03-20-2014, 03:28 PM
Use aptasia x That will get rid!

Drfu
03-20-2014, 05:22 PM
Use aptasia x That will get rid!

Who sells it locally, just in case?

Drfu
03-20-2014, 05:23 PM
I loved mine until they started eating my acans. Watch them I guess... make sure they get some food every now and then along with the fish.

Will do, one moulted its shell already, is that normal?

lastlight
03-20-2014, 05:48 PM
mine would do it every few weeks. one of them could have been due it's nothing to worry about.