PDA

View Full Version : TLF 150 reactor

ILIKECOUGARS
03-17-2014, 02:16 AM
Just wondering if anyone else have trouble screwing the top back on?
I find that the o-ring does not seal property when I tighten the top back on. I hang the reactor on the outside of the sump as there no room in the sump. I have replace the o-ring often.

monocus
03-17-2014, 02:26 AM
same problem-also if a grain of rhoa phos is in the threads it will leak.been thinking of putting a thin layer of neoprene in the lid to seal it.don't have the same problem with the larger reactor

jordsyke
03-17-2014, 03:11 AM
mine seem to work alright, i run one with gfo and the other with carbon

gregzz4
03-17-2014, 03:18 AM
I ran a pair of these for a couple years
I found that you need to make sure the top of the canister and the threads of the cap are clear of media

Lube the o-ring with some silicone (I used Lifeguard) and don't tighten the lid too much or you'll crack it

htfn
03-17-2014, 04:33 AM
I've got a same problem. If I don't tight enough then water leaks from cap.

lastlight
03-17-2014, 04:54 AM
i'd recommend running any reactor above your sump if possible that way it's not a big deal.

ILIKECOUGARS
03-17-2014, 04:58 AM
It looks that the o-ring shrinks a bit therefore it can't seal right. it always take me time to get it to seal. Today I could not get it to seal. I use the reactor for carbon. Going to see if I can pick up o-ring that a bit bigger than tlf reactor
o-ring.

hfp75
03-17-2014, 06:18 AM
I found with my 2x 2LF 150 reactors that there was a clear peice of flat plasic with the o-ring that needs to be removed!!!

Make sure that you dont have it in there between the o-ring and the plastic of the reactor or the cap.

I dont have a pic of mine but I have garbaged it on both of my reactors...

ILIKECOUGARS
03-18-2014, 02:50 AM
I found with my 2x 2LF 150 reactors that there was a clear peice of flat plasic with the o-ring that needs to be removed!!!

Make sure that you dont have it in there between the o-ring and the plastic of the reactor or the cap.

I dont have a pic of mine but I have garbaged it on both of my reactors...

That worked, took the flat plastic out and now I can get it to seal properly.
Thanks.

hfp75
03-18-2014, 03:39 AM
Any chance you can snap a pic of it for others to see????