PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest creatures...

tlhood
03-14-2014, 07:57 PM
I just bought a fighter conch, and it is by far the most awkward and weirdest looking thing I've purchased up to date. I think it's the eyes.... What are some of the weirdies you guys have?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/tabkatz/snail057.jpg (http://s6.photobucket.com/user/tabkatz/media/snail057.jpg.html)

BuschWacker
03-14-2014, 08:18 PM
That's pretty awesome. Where did you find that? Maybe my tank could use one of those as well.

My tuxedo urchin is probably the weirdest thing in my tank. It's fun to see what things are stuck to it every morning.

Magickiwi
03-14-2014, 08:39 PM
That's pretty awesome. Where did you find that? Maybe my tank could use one of those as well.

My tuxedo urchin is probably the weirdest thing in my tank. It's fun to see what things are stuck to it every morning.

I like coraline too much to have an urchin again. My spiny kept it down to nothing.

OP: Nice snail, love the shell. The Chiton I found in my LR is definitely the weirdest thing I've seen. I've never even seen the whole thing; he hides almost completely inside my LR.

tlhood
03-14-2014, 08:55 PM

I picked mine up from Pisces, I needed some more snails and I know if I go anywhere with decent corals (like concepts) I'll spend a ton of $$ I don't have, haha!

I usually see them at pisces. They seem to be pretty common. It is suggested, however, that you only buy one, cause if you get two males there will be an epic showdown and end up with a really nice empty shell.

tlhood
03-14-2014, 08:56 PM
I like coraline too much to have an urchin again. My spiny kept it down to nothing.

OP: Nice snail, love the shell. The Chiton I found in my LR is definitely the weirdest thing I've seen. I've never even seen the whole thing; he hides almost completely inside my LR.

I had to google what a Chiton was, but that is pretty neat looking. Definitely strange.

BuschWacker
03-14-2014, 09:36 PM

Id be happy if I could see more coraline. Bought it hoping it would eat some bubbles. So far it likes the coraline on my glass more than anything.

Magickiwi
03-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Id be happy if I could see more coraline. Bought it hoping it would eat some bubbles. So far it likes the coraline on my glass more than anything.

They use lots of calcium so they prefer the calciferous algae like coraline. I was never able to get mine to eat nori or algae pellets like some. It's a shame I really think they are an outstanding animal; I'd love to have one or two in my tank.

tlhood
03-14-2014, 10:07 PM
I've seen a few urchins around, some get pretty big! I'd love to have one, I think it's funny watching it carry stuff around. Maybe I'll get one when I get a bigger tank.

monocus
03-15-2014, 01:13 AM
ex-wife.totally bought and paid for(and paid for,and paid for,etc)