PDA

View Full Version : The village

spikehs
07-30-2004, 08:34 PM
anyone else excited to see this movie? I personally have like all of M. Night's movies and hope this is no exception. Its not getting the best reviews at rottentomatoes, but most seem to think its better then unbreakable which I really liked! going to see it on Sunday.

Quinn
07-30-2004, 09:06 PM
The previews looked interesting, although I'm not a big horror fan. Really want to see Napoleon Dynamite though!

Chad
07-30-2004, 09:33 PM
Whitecastle looks funny.. I am trying to convince my fiancee to go to "The Village" but she hates horror movies.. so.. might have to wait till its on DVD..

Stretch
07-30-2004, 09:36 PM
I think the previews look awesome , I'll be seening it.

whitecastle looks funny though too.

spikehs
07-30-2004, 09:40 PM
I don't think the village is a "horror" but rather a "thriller".... from what I have read there is not much gore at all.... probably much the same as signs or unbreakable I would think.

Manny
07-31-2004, 03:51 PM
i saw a preview of white castle at silver city (famous players). i got some free tickets through work. i have never been to a sneak preview before, the security is very tight ( for a movie).

i thought it was veery funny. i laghed almost the whole movie. :lol: :lol:
there was lots of steriotyped racial humor.

i would recomend it for a good laugh.

manuel :mrgreen:

smokinreefer
07-31-2004, 04:02 PM
Village, yeah i wanna see that, among a few others...

White castle, :lol: when my friends first mentioned it, i had no idea what it was about, thought it was some fantasy medieval piece because of the mention of castle... but yeah, now that i know what its about... i'll go see it. :mrgreen:

I robot, mixed reviews... good if youre a sci-fi buff. not if youre an acting critic. :lol:

oh yeah... security may seem tight at sneak previews, cuz not sure if you noticed or not, but movie piracy IS a big problem for the industry nowadays.

Gujustud
07-31-2004, 05:12 PM
Saw the movie last night.

M. Night did it again. Fantastic job, great ending, good twist, as with his previous 3 movies which I also enjoyed.

Manny
07-31-2004, 05:23 PM
to me The Village looked kind of on the same line as The Ring. if it is i'm not sure i will see it as The Ring gave me night mares. couldn't sleep for a week.