PDA

View Full Version : Help me out..I'm a computor illiterate!!!

chicki
09-21-2002, 05:10 PM
How do you guys get those neat pic's below your name?? and how to you put a address in ????
thx

Delphinus
09-21-2002, 05:16 PM
No kidding! Well first of all it's computer not computor ... :D

What you want to do is set up an avatar in your profile. You can use one of the provided images or you can link to any image on the web.

Do a search on "avatar" and I am sure you will find all the info you need. Or, play around in your profile. It's not that hard, really. ;)

Tau2301
09-21-2002, 06:09 PM
Tony, you forgot to mention that if Chicki wants a custom avatar you need to have some place on the Web to store the image.

Delphinus
09-21-2002, 06:39 PM
Pardon me. You can link to any image on the web, so long as it is already on the web. :rolleyes: :D

Some people sure have some great custom avatars out there ...

Bob I
09-21-2002, 07:25 PM
Pardon me guys, but you really did not tell her HOW to do it. She needs to look at her profile under "my profile" at the top of the page. Then scroll down to Avatars & go from there. :eek:

Delphinus
09-21-2002, 08:59 PM
Pardon me Bob but I DID say so. ... !!!! So there!

I can't beleive that people have so much trouble understanding my posts. ... ??? :confused:

For those who are still confused, I made three distinct points in my original post. I will detail them AGAIN here:

1) Go to your profile and you can set up an avatar. This means, go to your profile. You go to your profile, by clicking on your profile. Do I mention, go to your profile. In case I am not being clear .... you need to go to your profile.
2) You can use one of the provided images or link to an existing image on the web. This means, you can make your own image as long as you find a place on the web to host the image. You set up an image by selecting an image. You can use one of the existing images, or you can link to an existing image anywhere on the web. You can select an image. But you FIRST need to go to your profile. And then you select an image for your avatar. There are many to choose from. If you don't like any of the offered selections you can link to any image on the web. As long as it's an image on the web. But, in case I haven't made this clear, you FIRST need to GO TO YOUR PROFILE.
3) Search on "avatar" and you will see this topic is discussed in detail, for further info.

I am not explaining how to do a search. I'm sorry, but consider it "tough love." Some things you need to figure out for yourself.

Tau2301
09-21-2002, 09:44 PM
Tony, are you trying to take over Bob's job as the spell checker? :D

I am not illiterate - my parents were married. ;)

sumpfinfishe
09-21-2002, 10:12 PM
This is just a test-I repeat this is just a test ;) smile.gif

sumpfinfishe
09-21-2002, 10:19 PM
Hey chicki it finally work for me! I was going nuts trying to figure it out. I didn't want the pic provided so I was having trouble too! Once you find an image on a web site right click to get the full address. When you add this address to your profile make sure you hit the "update this avatar" button and then you will be back at your profile page, then scroll to the bottom of your profile to hit another button to "update profile" I hope this helps-goodluck! sff :D

FishGeek
09-21-2002, 11:14 PM
Just testing to see if instructions work!

chicki
09-22-2002, 01:29 AM
I knew that Tony!!! :D

BC_Grl
09-22-2002, 01:52 AM
Gee Tony, did someone pee in your wheeties? ;)