PDA

View Full Version : Fragging a bubble?

SteveCGY
03-10-2014, 03:42 AM
What are your thoughts on fragging a bubble?
What are your techniques. I have areas a few different ways/stories of fragging this but not that re assuring. I wouldn't mind splitting mine in half or even quarters as it's getting fairly big. Well only about 8-10 across when it's out. What are your thoughts on this?

tlhood
03-10-2014, 03:46 AM
a bta? I personally wouldn't frag mine. I would wait for it to split or just let it get big. I have watched some vids of people fragging theirs. You need to be careful to do clean cuts and to get it through the mouth. If you don't it will die :sad:

For some reason I think of my bta as a fish more than an invert, and it makes me cringe thinking of cutting it in half.

as for a bubble coral, see this thread http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f6/splitting-my-bubble-coral-with-pics-dial-up-beware-49588.html?highlight=bubble+coral

SteveCGY
03-10-2014, 03:52 AM
a bta? I personally wouldn't frag mine. I would wait for it to split or just let it get big. I have watched some vids of people fragging theirs. You need to be careful to do clean cuts and to get it through the mouth. If you don't it will die :sad:

For some reason I think of my bta as a fish more than an invert, and it makes me cringe thinking of cutting it in half.

as for a bubble coral, see this thread http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f6/splitting-my-bubble-coral-with-pics-dial-up-beware-49588.html?highlight=bubble+coral

Sorry I should have been more clear this a green bubble
Coral. Not an anemone

tlhood
03-10-2014, 03:53 AM
Yeah I figured as much after I wrote my blurb. The link is for a bubble coral that a guy split, it has pictures too.

Reef Pilot
03-10-2014, 04:30 AM
I have fragged my bubble corals many times. You need very strong clippers. And even had to use a hammer and chisel one time. They have a very strong, hard skeleton if you let them grow big enough.

Seriak
03-10-2014, 04:15 PM
A diamond blade on a wet bandsaw. !!! :)